Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What's your favorite banjo scene from the movies or cartoons?

“Ya know durn well I can’t play without a g-g-geetar string!”

2 Likes

I don’t know @Mark_Rocka, he sure looks like he’s still having a heap of fun here.

(But not near as much fun as Paul Shaffer on that piano!)

3 Likes

That’s the exact video I practice FMBD to. I guess as long as he’s still making money at it, why not? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I knew Earl, Steve, Marty , Vince, Paul, can anybody name some of the other?

To add, I was so impressed by this video, I had to watch it a couple of times. Which leads me to a question I hope does not sound foolish.

These guys are playing at probably the top of their game. Are this a song any advanced musician can handle, regardless of their instrument?

For example, fiddle wood comes to mind. Could you play this quite easily?

Jack

Can I play it? yes on all the instruments i play to different degrees

Like they do? not even close…

2 Likes

Earl Scruggs, banjo - Glen Duncan, fiddle - Randy Scruggs, acoustic guitar - Steve Martin, 2nd banjo solo - Vince Gill, 1st electric guitar solo - Marty Stuart, mandolin - Gary Scruggs, harmonica - Albert Lee, 2nd electric guitar solo - Paul Shaffer, piano - Jerry Douglas, dobro - Leon Russell, organ - Glenn Worf, bass - Harry Stinson, drums

4 Likes

That was good…thank you.

When I watched Bob’s post, I remember watching this as a kid. And I remember thinking Wow! What is this bluegrass? Thanks Andy Griffith.

The Dillards Reunion - Andy Griffith Show

1 Like

Hah, heres a classic! The Marx Brothers play banjo in their classic movie Duck Soup! Banjo starts at 1:37…

Albert Lee… wowsers.

What about Steve Martin? No pressure… it’s just FMB with Earl.

Fun video.

1 Like

I don’t know about you guys, but I just found the next modification to MY banjo!!

I Love a happy ending… gets me all choked up! (sniff sniff)

1 Like

That’ll be a Recording King Springfield .58 calibre banjo

2 Likes

I think there’s room for a flame thrower in a dreadnought. Hmmmmmm…

2 Likes

I’m wondering when @Jake will be offering this type of setup from the store?

2 Likes

Can you imagine @Jake trying to get this banjo packed up and shipped out with FedEx

3 Likes

I wonder if that’s how all those poor monks died that that Mr. G . is always talking about.

1 Like

Haha, I would have to take that big one to a bigger creek.

1 Like