Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What's your favorite banjo scene from the movies or cartoons?

How the Tom and Jerry cartoon “Froggy Went Courtin, He did Ride” “Crambone”! He kept pulling out one of Toms’ whiskers everytime he broke a banjo string.

Uncle Pecos played guitar in “Crambone”

“Ya know durn well I can’t play without a g-g-geetar string!”

2 Likes

I don’t know @Mark_Rocka, he sure looks like he’s still having a heap of fun here.

(But not near as much fun as Paul Shaffer on that piano!)

3 Likes

That’s the exact video I practice FMBD to. I guess as long as he’s still making money at it, why not? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I knew Earl, Steve, Marty , Vince, Paul, can anybody name some of the other?

To add, I was so impressed by this video, I had to watch it a couple of times. Which leads me to a question I hope does not sound foolish.

These guys are playing at probably the top of their game. Are this a song any advanced musician can handle, regardless of their instrument?

For example, fiddle wood comes to mind. Could you play this quite easily?

Jack

Can I play it? yes on all the instruments i play to different degrees

Like they do? not even close…

2 Likes

Earl Scruggs, banjo - Glen Duncan, fiddle - Randy Scruggs, acoustic guitar - Steve Martin, 2nd banjo solo - Vince Gill, 1st electric guitar solo - Marty Stuart, mandolin - Gary Scruggs, harmonica - Albert Lee, 2nd electric guitar solo - Paul Shaffer, piano - Jerry Douglas, dobro - Leon Russell, organ - Glenn Worf, bass - Harry Stinson, drums

4 Likes

That was good…thank you.

When I watched Bob’s post, I remember watching this as a kid. And I remember thinking Wow! What is this bluegrass? Thanks Andy Griffith.

The Dillards Reunion - Andy Griffith Show

1 Like

Hah, heres a classic! The Marx Brothers play banjo in their classic movie Duck Soup! Banjo starts at 1:37…

Albert Lee… wowsers.

What about Steve Martin? No pressure… it’s just FMB with Earl.

Fun video.

1 Like

I don’t know about you guys, but I just found the next modification to MY banjo!!

I Love a happy ending… gets me all choked up! (sniff sniff)

1 Like

That’ll be a Recording King Springfield .58 calibre banjo

2 Likes

I think there’s room for a flame thrower in a dreadnought. Hmmmmmm…

2 Likes

I’m wondering when @Jake will be offering this type of setup from the store?

2 Likes

Can you imagine @Jake trying to get this banjo packed up and shipped out with FedEx

3 Likes

I wonder if that’s how all those poor monks died that that Mr. G . is always talking about.

1 Like

Haha, I would have to take that big one to a bigger creek.

1 Like