Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What do you guys use to record yourselves?

Coolio

1 Like

Similar to Ben, I use this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JYV46HS/ref=sspa_dk_detail_6?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01JYV46HS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=f52e26da-1287-4616-824b-efc564ff75a4&pf_rd_r=T2DBV31MJ6AXFB57C0ND&pd_rd_wg=tLsTi&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=4bbST&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=6cdaa389-c74c-11e8-954f-1d474762b736

I like it because it literally sits anywhere, or the legs allow you to wrap it around a pole, tree, or attach to the side of a boat. The applications are almost limitless.

1 Like

Aw mate, that’s perfect. Just ordered it. Thanks

Anyone ever use a looper? I’m wanting something where I could play a few chords on my mandolin and record it then play it back quickly so I can practice scales, licks, and improvising. Any ideas. I know nothing about loopers or how they work.

1 Like

Hi Kristopher

Don’t know anything about loopers but from what your describing TablEdit would do that job and more.

Check out this link

1 Like

I have a DigiTech Trio+ that has a built in looper. I don’t use it often, but it works pretty well when I do.

I actually bought it for its “band in a box” features, but you can use just the looper part, too.

1 Like

If you have a microphone and recording software (or a recorder), it does well for that.

1 Like

Here’s Jimmy Fallon and Billy Joel demonstrating a Looper.

5 Likes

Yes! Haha love it.

Now that you ordered, you will HAVE to use it, yes… to justify the cost.

SHOUT TO ALL FORUM Members: That means we all can expect a Swap Vid from @Maggie in the near future!

3 Likes

You’re killin me man…

3 Likes

If you want to see a hilarious use of a looper, type into Google search, Tim Hawkins guitar meltdown. It’s absolutely hilarious

1 Like

Is that just for quick videos or do you use for new content as well? I have been using the built in mic on my macbook, but thinking about getting an external USB mic for forum uploads.

Just for quick vids, yeah.

1 Like

@Mark_Rocka, how do you get input to the looper? Do you use a pickup on the banjo? I was wondering if I could somehow emulate that functionality with audacity. I found an option for sound activated recording. If I can combine that with the loop feature, I would have what I am wanting.

1 Like

I’ve never actually looped my banjo, but I do have a pickup on it if I ever wanted to. I usually use the looper to loop guitar and bass and then play along with that. The cool thing about the Trio+ is that you record your rhythm guitar, it analyzes the input and then adds bass and drums automatically.

2 Likes