Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What are y'all up to?

Thanks Ben. I’ve got his entire series on reformed theology. I can send it to you someday. It will probably take many months to absorb all his teaching though.

Bibically sound as it is, I still struggle with election.

1 Like

God Bless the Bricks and Mortars… as too many are disappearing…

Please… Support your local storekeepers when you can.

3 Likes

I just picked up my mandolin to play for 15 minutes, and before I knew it I had written a tune… I’m starting to wonder if this should be classified as a habit or an addiction??? Anyway stay tuned, it’ll show up here before long…

8 Likes

I’ve been really busy the last few days, doing a history project and playing music with the 4-H bluegrass club and at church. I’ve been writing quite a few songs lately, but not bluegrass. The robotics competition we were going to next weekend got cancelled due to the coronavirus. Oh well, more time for music.

4 Likes

Really? 15 minutes… you wrote a tune? Without even trying? I don’t know if that’s going to be a blessing or a curse for you, but either way… you’re killin’ me man, your just killin’ me :roll_eyes:

Well, good on ya. When are you gonna post it?

8 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Slightly Off Song Names

I’m working on this:

fits so many other songs…

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much. Once I realized it was tune material I had to try to remember it, but I hadn’t set out to write one it was an accident.

Probably next week

3 Likes

Speaking from experience, use a head collar instead of a neck collar or harness (especially a harness - that’s like strapping a jet engine on to the end of your leash!!!) Lots of exercise to tire him out and lots of quiet walks to teach him there are times to be full of energy and other times when it’s important to be calm. Oh yeah, don’t forget plenty of bandages for those scrapes when he forgets that was supposed to be a quiet time (for your elbows & knees and not his LOL)

1 Like

@4568Strings thank you! I had someone else tell me about the head collar. I have gotten that and it is working great. We even went cross country skiing last weekend…off leash for my protectuon, and he did super. Stayed with us, moved along on the downhills and didn’t stop in the middle to cause a wreck! He really loved it. He is staying with me really well when playing ball, as I dont have a fenced yard.
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate all the help I can get!

3 Likes

The last. Two weeks have been crazy!! People getting so crazy about the unknown!! Thankful I am in a rural area, couldnt imagine the hysteria in a populated area. If only people would take influenza as seriously as this covid!!

4 Likes

Yes, these are interesting times. The big mystery to me is why did the entire population decide it was the perfect time to hoard toilet paper? Really? I don’t want to belittle the virus or the pain felt by those more directly impacted by it. However, the reaction of people scares me more than the virus itself. Hopefully, the numbers will trend towards better quickly.

6 Likes

Anyone got a few spare sheets of toilet paper? Rapidly running out over here. Why all the panic buying ?

7 Likes

I think I know why the media keep reminding us to wash our hands. Can you guess?

4 Likes

I don’t understand the toilet paper craze. I mean it’s not like this virus gives you the runs. :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah…Really!!! My exact words! They’re worried about toilet paper!.. Well, if they run out of food, they won’t need the toilet paper!

Actually I heard somewhere, that a rumor was out, that the factory in China that makes the packaging for toilet paper was shutting down… believe it or not! I guess folks overeacted (as always) and thought there wouldn’t be any toilet paper being manufactered at all and none would be available world wide. Who knows!

Sorry if that first sentence paints a bad picture!

4 Likes

Is this a poor musician’s recording studio? That would make great padding and buffering to make excellent quality recordings! Just don’t flush when the “recording” light is on!

5 Likes

Just checked today where I buy groceries and sure the whole toilet paper, tissue etc aisle was empty!

Archie’s pic sounds like a stock for end of ages for 1 person!

2 Likes

All that TP went somewhere. I do hope that folks that bought it don’t start trying to make a profit. It would get ugly…

3 Likes

Today I have:
Stone masons
Tile guys
Trim carpenters
Sheetrock guy
Cabinet installers
Countertop template guys
And MORE…

Question: is it wrong that I’ve told none of these that the camp has been postponed? :wink:

9 Likes