Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Well dang!

So, I was just setting up my brother’s mandolin, using Rob Meldrum’s free ebook (search mandolin cafe for his name, and you’ll find out how to get it), and it now plays awesome. But here’s the problem, when I was tuning it up, the 2nd string tuner button stripped off. So I tried tuning it with pliers, and the worm gear started jumping the gear. So now it takes two pairs of pliers to tune it at all, and that’s sketchy. I’m now having to try and make peace with the possibility of being without a mandolin for a couple months :cry: :sob:

5 Likes

BUMMER!!! maybe a new tuning peg from BBC store? Good Luck.

4 Likes

It’s a four on a plate tuner, so I gotta replace them all, and I can’t get them here in Africa

5 Likes

Hi Gunnar, What’s the postal service like in Mozambique from the US?

You could probably order parts directly from https://www.stewmac.com/ or get a friend or family member to ship them out to you. These items are fairly small and lightweight so in general shipping should not be too expensive to mail.

6 Likes

I’d send you one if I could, but I know the pirates will steal it and put it one of their mandolins.

8 Likes

It takes about 3 months to receive a package sent from the US, and that’s an optimistic estimate. And seeing how I’m supposed to be going that side in about a month, there’s no point mailing it.

3 Likes

Sure

2 Likes