Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Wabash Cannonball Banjo Solo

Here’s my first banjo video, of myself playing Wabash cannonball on a Rouge open-backed/travel banjo. And yeah, I like Wabash Cannonball.:wink: I have been playing banjo for about 2 months, and decided to learn this version (BanjoBen’s) of the song yesterday. I am playing mostly Ben’s lower solo, with changes where I felt like it. It’s not quite perfect yet, I hope to have it perfected by September.
Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/351823234
13 Likes

Harrison, your’e sounding great! Wabash Cannonball is a fun song to hear…I like it too. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Yeah boy :slight_smile: That’s the way to do it. Good form, you’re anchoring your right hand well, you have good timing, and you’re getting the notes. Don’t be too concerned about speed yet; just keep it at a comfortable speed until you have it nice and smooth and then steadily increase speed.

Smooth and accurate is more important than fast. It’s sounding good.

3 Likes

Excellent! Nice work with both hands!

3 Likes

There is no stopping you, Harrison! I’m sure you will perfect it sooner. Good goal for the holidays.

Melody is nice, I see a guitar version from Ben as well. Very melodious. Who could dislike it? This is going to be my next lesson for learning.

3 Likes

Good Job Harrison, Your off to a flying start. I encourage you to work through @BanjoBen 's beginners learning path. There’s a ton of great stuff in there that will set you up to learn more advanced stuff later on.

3 Likes

Very good job!

3 Likes

Really nice, Harrison! You’re taking off like a rocket! You’ll thank yourself in the future for recording these videos. There will come a time where you feel like you’re not progressing, and you’ll be able to look back on these and see how far you’ve come.

Keep it up!

5 Likes

You sure are taking off, Harrison. I’m really proud of you!

2 Likes