Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Videos from last night's recording session

Yesterday we were hit with an ice storm, so church and youth group were canceled, so Grace came over to do some practicing/recording. We tried to get Gideon (other guitar/bass player) to come but he was not feeling to good.

We recorded my original song Down the Track, kind of rough because I’m not very good at singing and playing banjo and my little brother was making faces at us and trying to distract us. :roll_eyes:

Next up we have Railroad Line by the Gibson Brothers. I still want to record this one with a full band, and I will play mandolin so I can sing decently. I still need a fiddle player on this song...

Enjoy, and please go easy on us, we didn’t practice very much before, and these were one take each.

16 Likes

I thought you did a great job singing and picking at the same time. That ain’t easy, in spite of how Katy Clark makes it look.

5 Likes

Nice job guys! I haven’t even really tried to sing and play. It is certainly not easy!

3 Likes

So true!!!:joy::wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Mark and Micah! I agree, Katy is really good at doing both.

5 Likes

Sounds like you’re getting those pretty well worked out!

It gets a bit easier with each added time through, as I’m sure you know by now. Keep that good stuff coming!

Have you two tried singing any harmony?

5 Likes

Yeah, we sing harmony, who sings melody depends on the song. Grace won’t sing for the camera though…

6 Likes

Nice picking and singing! I enjoyed them both

4 Likes

:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart: It Harrison,

3 Likes

Thanks Archie, Gunnar!

4 Likes

It would be great to hear Grace singing too. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Don’t tell her the camera is switched on… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah I know, I’m working on it. Be glad I got her to play in front of the camera at all. :wink:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::shushing_face::wink:

4 Likes

Great job! I cant even talk & pick yet! I mean even 1 word answers, I have to stop. Keep it going!!

3 Likes

I can only talk when if I speak in rhythm. :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe one day I will be comfortable enough to sing in front of a camera. For now, though, I will just stick to playing the guitar.

9 Likes

Hi Grace, welcome to the forum!

Dave

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Grace!

3 Likes

Hi Grace, Welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. I think it would be much more of a challenge to sing in front of a live audience than it would be to sing into a camera. I look forward to the day you feel comfortable enough to face that little red flashing light and give it your best shot. :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::movie_camera:

3 Likes