Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

USA TV Help

Hi guy’s what are the best USA TV series to watch out for.

Any episode of the Andy Griffith Show. Especially those featuring the Darlings or Ernst T. Bass.

3 Likes

Thanks @jrhine62 Jeffery I am really looking for new TV shows

3 Likes

Thanks @Michael_Mark Again not quite what I am after. The sort of things that interest me are Drama, Documentary, Military, Adventure, True Story Movies.

It’s a hard one, Archie. So much trash being created and celebrated these days. I’m definitely not the one to ask. A friend of mine at church was in a Special Forces group that had a movie made about them, it’s ok, and my friend says it’s fairly accurate:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Strong

2 Likes

Thanks @BanjoBen Will check it out

That disqualifies basically everything… :joy:

2 Likes

Hey @Archie, the wife and I liked The Night Agent—it was new on Netflix last year and there’s a season two in 2024. Season one’s plot wrapped up, so it’s not one of those continuous cliffhanger shows between seasons. The newer Jack Ryan is good, but the final season (done last year), should be skipped—non stop racism and feminism angles ruin what could be a good wrap up of the show. But we typically watch BBC shows—the acting and plots are much better.

1 Like

Hi @JKL Jeff The BBC does produce some great Drama Series especially Period Drama, we have lot’s of great original villages, houses and towns that provide ideal film locations, add to that some great authors dating back to Dickens time that provide great storylines. Added to that great costumes. ITV and Channel 4 have also produced some great drama series. I am just curious what the US TV Networks are up to these days.

1 Like

Amusing but NOT helpful @Mason_Crone

1 Like

This may not completely qualify as US-TV but Apple+ TV has a series called “Slow Horses” based on a series of books. The story follows a group of MI5 agents that have made really bad mistakes but end up on major cases. There have only been 2 seasons and each season is a case. The new season is starting back up at the end of the month. Gary Oldman and Kristen Scott Thomas as the big names on the show.

2 Likes

Thanks @Stuart.Gamble Alas I don’t use AppleTV just PC

Yellowstone has been popular for the past few years. It was a little trashy for my taste at the beginning, so I stopped watching. It may have gotten better, but we know Kevin Costner quits so the series is not going to have much of an ending. Yellowstone is a high buget soap opra. Also not my cup of tea, but it has been popular. The show is about a large ranch and the family that owns it near Yellowsstone National Park.

Having said that, there are two very good spin-off from Yellowstone that were very good. They are not soap opra style shows at all. “1883” starred Sam Elliot and it was about the founding off the fictious ranch and a wagon train from Texas to Wyoming. 8 episodes or something like that. It was very good. Then they did another part of the timeline “1923” starred Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren and was also good. However one episode of 1923 was pretty raunchy (episode 7). Other than the unessary sex sceens that I cannot recommend it was overall a good series.

The same guy whom makes these shows Taylor Sheridan has a new one that looks good called “Lawman:Bass Reaves”. This one has just started.

2 Likes

Not trying to be amusing, it’s an honest answer. Should be helpful :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I asked for help not sarcasm. Just let it go @Mason_Crone

These look interesting @Bhive Greg

Sorry you’re so offended by my honest answer :man_shrugging::rofl: