Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Twanger Time!

Here is one of a few I’d like to do. Hopefully get more up in the next few days. Still trying to commit this one to memory so it’s a little rough in places. I really have fun playing this one. And in honor of the new Twanger I gave y’all not one but two smiles :grin: Let me know what y’all think. Hopefully I sound better. Thanks in advance!

M🐺

25 Likes

Nice pickin & sweet sounding banjo!!!
Again, I’m so happy for you :grin::grin: two grins!! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: looking fwd to seeing your posts!

6 Likes

What an awesome sound the two of you make!

6 Likes

That tone is soooo good. I’ve never played another banjo at 3 times the price that sounded as good as a Twanger. Hope you enjoy it!

10 Likes

Someone that is full of joy because they have a new banjo I helped bring to market, playing an arrangement I created, on my forum. SOMEONE PINCH ME! Wow!

17 Likes

I have the best job in the world. Thank you for your support of the store, @Lone_Wolf, and for posting that video!

12 Likes

Great job Emilie! Sounds awesome!

5 Likes

Sounds good!

Wish I’d known you might record this…I’d have asked you to collaborate & we could’ve had a whole band!

8 Likes

jpg Emilie. That Twanger fairly twang’s. You played it well and very cleanly and you even gave us a hint of a smile. Look forward to hearing more. Maybe see those smiling eyes next time ?

5 Likes

Santa asked the little boy what he wanted for Christmas. The little boy sheepishly replied “a Twanger”. Santa looked over at the boys mother with a confused look. The mother shrugged her shoulders. So Santa asked the little boy “what do you do with a Twanger”? The little boy replied “you pick it with your tumb and two fwangers “.

@Lone_Wolf that’s a fine sounding banjo. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

7 Likes

The banjo sounds great as well as your playing @Lone_Wolf!

4 Likes

:smile: Well said! :+1:

5 Likes

Wow i’m so happy for you!! May your days of banjo playing be filled with joy and happiness.

@BanjoBen, thank you so much for all you have done in both this site and in designing the Twanger. May God richly bless you for all your hard work.

5 Likes

My box of happiness just arrived. It looks awesome. Beginner banjo checklist, here I come!

10 Likes

You’ve done very well to get that far on such a newly released lesson. I’ll bet that you can coax many different voices out of that beast of a banjo and they would all be great. Have you experimented much with picking as lightly as you can and creeping maybe an inch further from the bridge yet?
To me this tune begs for ‘less is more’ approach. Would love to hear this banjo on some backup picked way up near the neck with your right hand.

3 Likes

I honestly didn’t know I was going to do this either. That would have been really cool maybe next time

3 Likes

Thanks Archie maybe next contest video I will.

2 Likes

Thanks! Your wish is my command just give me a few days :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. I really appreciate it!!! :+1:

7 Likes

Nice Pickin! I like it!

2 Likes