Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Triplets revisted

Ok so I have worked on the various positions from the Alan Munde Fretboard geography videos (triads) and I have watched and worked on the 6ths too. I have a pretty good handle on them - at least workable for now.

Other than Silent Night in the tab section, are there a few other tunes on here that have been created using triplets I should be looking at.

I am also coming up with a few of my own too - one for “She Still Thinks I Care” by George Jones.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Ethan
There are quite a few lessons that employ triplets, Arkansas Traveller, Wayfaring Stranger, Leather Britches & Cherokee Shuffle are just a few that spring to mind

I should have qualified slow songs. I will check out Way Faring Strangers. . Thanks!

Hi Ethan ALL tunes can be classed as slow tunes. It’s only when we speed them up they are classified as fast tunes. :rofl::smiley::joy:

5 Likes

And then when I play a tune it becomes a “banjo speed” tune and nobody can keep up.:wink::joy:

4 Likes

You can try throwing those triplets at some songs you already play, replace a couple of measures with them until you fit somwhere you decide sounds good. It is very good pratice to apply anything you learn on different places

3 Likes