Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Tommy's Tarbukas and some Seán Nós

Well, just when you thought I couldn’t get more talented… Hey! What are you doing with that?? That’s my phone!
Brothers anyway :roll_eyes: I’m not quite that arrogant lol.
So I’ve been learning Seán Nós dance for the past month or so, and I finally got a video of it! I’ve been really enjoying it!

12 Likes

@Dragonslayer,

Awesome job - especially with those cankles! :wink::smirk::grin:

4 Likes

That was great, both the picking & the dancing!

Makes me think of buck dancers. Wondering what’s the main difference between the two types. Is it the music, the steps, both?

We’ve got several buck dancers around here at the fiddlers & bluegrass conventions. My favorite one is this guy (vid below). He ALWAYS wears 2 different socks, and I’ve seen him dancing for HOURS!! Bummer didnt get to see him this year cuz the festival was canceled.

This vid is not one of mine (I couldn’t find it, & I’ve got several :confounded:), it was taken at Summertown TN, a couple hours away:

5 Likes

Ha…that was fun to watch! Nice job on both and the video edit!

3 Likes

Cool Gunnar!! :+1: You and your Twin make a great team! :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks y’all!!

I’m not entirely sure, but I think it’s partly the music and partly the steps are a bit different. But it is a similar style for sure

2 Likes

@Dragonslayer you have probably seen this chick onlone before, your video reminded me of her, it is amazing what she does

4 Likes

@frankb_be
Shes great! I’ve seen her in Nashville before, dancing & fiddling on the street.

4 Likes

Thanks! I have been a fan of her for a while now, and actually we have a few mutual friends. She does more old time buck dancing, while I’m learning more the Irish tradition

2 Likes

Definitely the coolest thing I’ve seen today!! Great job!

4 Likes

Thanks!!

Although that means you haven’t looked in a mirror yet, which means… I don’t know what that means actually…

1 Like

Wow!!! I thought you were taller!! Nice pickin and a dancin! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Lol. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh wow… the unique touch at the end was brilliant too!

2 Likes

Nothin wrong with being vertically challenged! You defiantly make up for it in talent my friend!! Merry Christmas!!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes