Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Time for Banjo Ben to "grow up"?

@BanjoBen

Not often I go away from a post and give it more thought but I did so revisited it.

Every once in a while- Bound to happen not every day not every minute so what-In the race to perfection there is no finishing line.

The video Did not watch it myself not sure that I have watched any of the non educational ones-Do what you like Lad its your site

Mr Clark If being addressed so formally its normally my wife:wink:
Mr Gear are you ever going to put that guitar down blah blah blah

6 Likes

I’d love to hear what a psychiatrist has to say about the person that wrote that email.

7 Likes

You know, old Jim McIngvale did some crazy things to get customers to his business. I remember as a kid seeing him on the TV literally wearing a mattress, jumping up and down and waving money around. He built his business from scratch. He was a good steward of the wealth that God entrusted to him. He helped a lot of people and, more importantly, “Mattress Mack” also used his business and his fame to share Good News of the Gospel and bring Glory to God.

No Ben, please don’t change.

9 Likes

Having a sense of humor is a wonderful thing. Humor has nothing to do with immaturity. Don’t change. Always be yourself. I have learned so much and continue to learn from the lessons. I really like your personal touch. I think that is special and shows you really care. The sense of community that you have created through your site is wonderful. I want to thank you for all that you do.

10 Likes

I like you the way You Are!!! Plus it gives me an excuse when I act weird! i just say yeah well my guitar teacher…!

7 Likes

I am still a bit on the fence on this one. The guy did speak from the heart, and seemingly has your best interest in mind when he wrote this. He is obviously a fan, since he has been following you guys since 2012. I’m really on the fence here. Should he “walk the plank” or be it “tar and feathers”???

8 Likes

Would love to see a copy of this floating around somewhere!!!

8 Likes

I would take it as someone giving an opinion with the best of intentions. That being said; @BanjoBen, this is your business that should work the way you think is best. Always be willing to listen to others but ultimately anything done in your business should be what YOU feel is best.

Ii anyone suspects foul play is involved maybe one of your rivals like “Mandolin Mark” or “Guitar Greg” may be attempting to sabotage you :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You got me on that one :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Grinnin

You are quite correct but its not one that I would personally dwell on and there is plenty of time to be old believe me. He might be pulling the Banjo Ben posters down off the wall but you really cannot always take everyone with you. As I said I don’t watch the videos myself because not interested I don’t throw a fit!

My greatest joy now is the Grandchildren coming round-Inner Child like self released:wink:

Anyway and will leave it now as I do not want to be arguing with another site member over a Facebook post -What have I come to!

But you are right freedom of speech!

6 Likes

LOL, my reply was full of sarcasm. I don’t have “divorce book”, so I haven’t seen the video either. I was just being funny, lol, or attempting to be. The day I let something someone posts on the internet ruffle my feathers will be the day I cut off my internet, lol.

5 Likes

I understand it was that I wanted to acknowledge that freedom of speech is fine and that I had read everyone’s posts fully as Ben had sort of asked us to contribute.

I then thought what was I coming to :thinking:

Who knows might even go and watch the videos and tell him they are Shite! :wink:

5 Likes

Man, this guy is crazy for wanting to see that!

4 Likes

Looks likes it’s been removed. I can’t find it on Youtube… most likely copyright reasons.

6 Likes

We’re all here. Something you’re doing is working!

When it comes to lessons and content, none of that comes across as silly. I know how much time and effort you put into it and that really is what keeps me coming back. The lessons and General Store are first rate. In a world where many people try to do what you do you’re succeeding. That’s a big deal.

As for the silliness? You be you man! I think it’s funny. I showed my wife the Whatamullet pictures and she rolled here eyes. When I told her you’re an Aggie it all made sense to her.

Stephen

8 Likes

She has proved to be a worthy partner I don’t see any reason to ditch her now :wink: The Gentleman or Lady is entitled to there own opinion, but I do believe that most of us are here because of your personality. Before becoming a member I remember always opting to watch your videos on YouTube instead of shall we say the more “serious” ones as have countless other folks. I see nothing wrong with putting some humor before or at the end of a lesson (the mandolin rattler’) or black Fri videos. The decision is ultimately up to you, but IMHO I wouldn’t change a thing. :grin:

12 Likes

The humorous side of things in question should be seen as “completely free additional content” for those who find it positive/uplifting. And it’s easily dismissed/avoidable for those who don’t want to fool with it. In other words, “bonus content.”

It’s not as if legitimate and helpful content is being replaced with nonsensical humor, which no one is being forced to watch in the first place, and it’s not like we aren’t working ourselves to the bone to run an efficient business here. Quite the opposite I would say.

When Ben and I had our first conversation about starting the General Store, one of the first things we spontaneously agreed on was treating people right no matter the cost, and NEVER taking the used car salesman approach. We literally used those EXACT words. I don’t see how having a sense of humor equates to being a second rate used car salesmen in the first place. That’s quite an outlandish connection to make, but I guess if it serves the point of an argument why not?

I do respect everyone’s right to an opinion though, even if it’s the wrong opinion.

You see? Serious Jake is not nearly as amiable as jovial Jake. But to keep everyone happy we will be looking to make our next “bonus content” video more like a communist propaganda film from the 40’s. That way there’s something for everyone.

32 Likes

Well put! You folks feel like family and I’m with you for life!

8 Likes

8 Likes

Now that’s funny rite thare!!

5 Likes