Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

This should help lift your spirits

5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Great job, guys!!

2 Likes

I have purchased two banjos from Geoff Hohwald. My first good banjo was a Gold Star GF-100 that I bought when Geoff was working at Music Mart in Smyrna, GA in about 1980. The last good banjo I bought was a 1934 Gibson TB-3 conversion from the Hohwald Banjo Warehouse in Atlanta in 2016. He has also produced a wealth of instructional materials through the years.

3 Likes

I liked that simple, but effective banjo ending Geoff did there…(On ‘You Are My Sunshine’ )

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

Geoff is a great and generous friend, he helped me get started on the banjo along with Murphy Henry. He really helped me get a handle on reading TAB and gifted me several premium lessons which got me playing up the neck.

2 Likes

Yes that is a cool ending Neil. I haven’t seen him do that one before.

2 Likes

I’d like to learn it. It’s ear-catching in it’s simplicity and also sounds very easy to do! Happy picking to you in good ol’ Scotland. Home of my ancestors.

1 Like

Hi Neil, Just drop Geoff an email I am pretty sure he will respond. He may even do a quick video tutorial.

2 Likes

Thanks. I might give a crack at Tabbing it out myself. Good practice for the mind & ear. Looks like a hammer-on with the ring or pinky finger(s)

2 Likes

Sure, it looks like a C Chord shaped lick.

2 Likes