Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

This is peak laziness

This should NOT be an excuse, but I have found that I tend to not play songs I’ve spent good time learning just because they require a capo to play with Ben’s backing tracks. They’re typically in A, and I am apparently just too lazy to slap a capo on and get busy. As a result, I know the songs I’ve learned in G really well, while I tend to forget those I’ve learned in other keys.

Well, on top of being lazy, I’m apparently also slow. It just dawned on me that “Hey, I have more than one banjo. Why not just keep a capo on one of them?”

Fortunately, I just bought another banjo stand, so my Twanger is now officially my “key of A practice banjo.” :laughing:

10 Likes

I’m not sure on permanently keeping a capo on but I’m no expert either! :wink:

2 Likes

I have two banjos that sleep more than I do and I sleep alot. I am just too lazy to open the case and let in daylight. Since I got out of hospital my twanger is my goto. Then there are my Tenors an Ukuleles I never play them now.

4 Likes

Hey, I hear the young’uns say all the time that switching to your second banjo is faster than reloading.

4 Likes

Can somebody tell me if this is an interesting post? I’m too lazy to read it. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

My people.

6 Likes

Isn’t your Twanger one of the first ones?

4 Likes

Hey, it worked at the Battle of San Jacinto. :wink:

3 Likes

Twanger #3 behind Ben’s and Robbie’s.

2 Likes

If you want, I can just epoxy that capo in place for you.

4 Likes

haha… An immovable capo! that would be peak craziness!

4 Likes

Epoxy that thing on the 4th fret and you’ll be just fine in certain jams!

5 Likes

Then re-market it as “A Twanger”

5 Likes

When the tone goes up, the value goes up. That’s how that works, right?

3 Likes

When we saw Bela Fleck on his My Bluegrass Heart turn, he probably had 5 different banjos turned in various ways. I never knew he was so lazy :joy:

7 Likes

This is like my cousin who buys a new tractor for every implement he gets lol.

9 Likes