Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

There is a lot going at the moment

there is a lot going on at the moment …
unfortunately i am currently not that active, not because i have lost the joy of music, but because i have a lot of work at the moment, people who are sick … last week when i wanted to go home, my workmate was dead in his car … even after the resuscitation we could not save him. We also had our new baby at the end of June, and there is a lot going on with the two other children at the moment I hope the time will come soon when I can play and practice more banjo again. :blush: i just wanted to let you know, because i have come to love this forum and the people in it. I hope you are all doing well in your more or less difficult time. has any of you ever heard of @Archie? God bless you all! swiss greetings :blush: :v:t3:

16 Likes

Always available for conversation music related or not . Take care now!

6 Likes

Thank you Mate!

4 Likes

Wow, you really do have a lot going on…hang in there, friend! Why do you ask about @Archie? I’ve definitely wondered why he’s not been as active on the forum as of late.

6 Likes

yes, exactly because he was always very active and suddenly not at all. I just hope he’s fine …

4 Likes

@Severin, I think it is good that you have things to keep you busy! I thought about Archie too at the time he stopped being active. I PMed but did not get a response. So I’m equally curious what happened to him.

I’m being kept busy as well lately (God knew what I needed when) that I don’t find time that I used to when I had nothing much to do (or when I couldn’t do much).

6 Likes

Our lives definitely take us on paths we didn’t know existed a short time earlier. It is hard when getting pulled in many different ways… Prayers for coworkers family and you… congratulations on the new Babe!! You are blessed! Music time will come along, shorter and less frequent bursts, but will be there. Then one day you’ll have a lot more time again. Then you’ll say whatever happened! Embrace it all!

6 Likes

hey @Severin don’t beat yourself up for not playing enough.
These are cycles we all have to go through, the love for music is there and it will not go away. I always try to look at these moments as a good chance for taking a breath, enjoy the family and soon enough you will be back to studying full on

I am really sorry bt your friend. take care and be safe

6 Likes

Thank you all for your encouraging words! I think you are right that the time to play the banjo is coming again. and i really enjoy the time with our new baby. thanks again for the nice words! stay healthy! :blush:

4 Likes

You are welcome I note that you are from Switzerland. We have had many great times in Basel, Lucerne and Zurich particularly the Xmas markets. We also used to go to concerts at Pratteln.

3 Likes

ah how nice! yes these places are really beautiful. But I feel more at home in the country than in the city. i live in a village about 35km away from zurich.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness Severin, that is a lot going on. I do hope things change for the better for you soon. We’re glad you’re here and part of this community as well.

3 Likes

Thank you very much @MissMaggie! im glad that i can be here!

1 Like

Thanks for checking in Severin. Congratulations on the new baby, and sorry for all the challenges. It has been a crazy year for many. I’ll be praying for you.

3 Likes

Hi Severin,

Like most people I’ve had periods of pain, upheaval and chaos in my life. Which was difficult to cope with.

I’ve definitely had times when I no longer seemed interested in music at all. I gave up playing guitar many times in the past. The longest period was about seven years.

I’ve have always come back to music. It has always been there. It has always welcomed me back when I was ready for it and able to enjoy it again.

It didn’t take long to get back in touch with music, whenever I restarted. It has always been a faithful friend. I am glad that I have music in my life - but certainly understand or empathize with your loss for both your workmate and your music.

The music is all still there. It will always be there - somehow when I’ve left this world. Even my instruments will outlast me to be played by someone else who will make music on them - if I look after them.

When you are ready to return to your banjo and your music will be waiting patiently for you.

Good luck and best wishes to you and family.

2 Likes

Thank you for your encouraging words! I really appreciate how good you are here! i don’t think i can go seven years without playing the banjo … i’m looking forward to every opportunity, only they are quite rare at the moment … thanks @worldatlas

1 Like

Thank you @Mike_R!:blush:

1 Like

Yes, I look back now and wonder how or why I didn’t play guitar for seven years.

I thought that it took too much time away from my work or other “important” things I could or should be doing.

I can sit with my guitar and be lost for hours, days or weeks in bliss… My worries just drift away with the music.

I’ve had a lot of time recently to play - with the strange world we’ve all been living through - working from home. I have enjoyed having my guitar to keep me company.

I’m back at work now and am happy to have my guitar to pick up again at home when I have time and energy to do it.

I think having endless opportunities to play - working from home - actually made me over analyse what I was playing or worry about it too much.

The music is always there - I’ve actually enjoyed listening and singing along with my CDs in my car (rather than playing) on my drive into work in the morning. It seems to inspire me to want to play when I get back.

Anyway, all the best. That banjo isn’t going anywhere and will be ready to play when you are.

2 Likes