Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Worst That Could Happen While Playing

I’ve had my finger picks come off while playing, and that was pretty bad.
I’ve had a string break while I was playing, and that was pretty bad.
But this could be worse.

10 Likes

Sounds like an elephant! :rofl:

6 Likes

Lol

Here’s another trombone story I love to tell…
Both my younger brother and I played trombone in High School, and I attended one of his HS concerts a couple of years after my graduation. The band was quite large, the bandstand had at least 4 tiers of risers, and the trombones were always on the back row with the percussionists. During a very slow tempo and low volume moment in one of the songs, a loud crash occurred. At first, it wasn’t apparent what had occurred, but I then realized my brother had disappeared!

He and his chair had slipped off the back of highest riser, and he landed flat on his back…along with his folding chair!

The director and the band never skipped a beat. A few moments later, his chair reappeared, followed by my brother who had been assisted back onto the riser by two other members of the trombone section. They finished the song like it never even happened…to roaring applause. He later explained that when he landed on his back, he extended his arms to protect his horn, and it never even hit the floor.

11 Likes

As one gets older you begin to realize gravity is not your friend!

5 Likes

Not really a bad thing at all. But always one of my favorites!
Happens around the 1:30 mark

8 Likes

That’s a good one!. When my sister graduated HS, the band director was in the middle of directing, and his pants fell down flat around his ankles. My buddy was playing drums, and he said that all of a sudden there was a total look of horror on the band directors face. Without missing a beat, he reached down, yanked his pants back up and kept directing. The band director was forever named “droopy drawers” after that.

5 Likes

Wow! Poor guy…that made for a memorable event for everyone.!
:wink:

2 Likes

…and subsequently became a popular rap artist!

2 Likes

I puked on stage one time, will never forget it.

7 Likes

Butterflies?

1 Like

The Brothers Five were playing at a church about 2 years ago when one of them (unnamed, but hint - the youngest) suddenly needed a restroom. Unfortunately for him it was in the middle of a song. He tried to hide his mishap behind his mandolin. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I think some kind of food poisoning. I was playing piano for Craig Morgan, huge audience. Thankfully it was a big outdoor stage. I puked off the back and started playing again.

6 Likes

These are horror stories! I am very blessed not to have anything terrible like this happen to me…yet.:neutral_face:

2 Likes

I’ll bet the audience won’t forget it either @BanjoBen

2 Likes