Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: What are you listening to?

Yeah, it probably just needs a new battery. My mom does have a long history of breaking phones :joy: She lets 1000s of notifications pile up and eventually it’s too much for the phone I guess :joy: Unless my conspiracy theory is true.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that with later versions, but iphone 5 is super solid, sleek unlike later versions like 12 or whatever. I used to the “defender” to protect it, it looks brand new after 10 years. I can’t say that about the new iphone 12, I don’t use cover and lost the brand new appearance already.

Sure, they do. Whatever I share within walls is going all over the world to many preachers/teachers! Can you believe it? How else is possible without that?

So just be transparent, they will be afraid of you!

1 Like

Really? Our family had the opposite experience. All the iPhones we’ve had have served us well for 4-5 years.

3 Likes

That’s pretty unlikely, actually :joy: Batteries naturally degrade over time and lose their maximum capacity. It’ll happen with any battery.

1 Like

Well okay. I guess my mom and sisters are phone killers.

1 Like

Possible, and agreed. The original lasted long though, the replacements lived somewhat short.

P.S. I suspect the faster charger cord that I bought and used along with overcharging could have spoiled the original battery.

3 Likes

:joy: you gotta take care of your devices, you treat them well and they’ll treat you well. I try to keep my battery in between 30-80% to maintain as much battery health as I can.

2 Likes

Mines at 11% right now😂 I’ve been gone though, just got home haha. I take good care of stuff. I’ve never broken a screen in my life.

2 Likes

You never know, @Mason_Crone will be offering a free engraved Blue Chip pick every week to a lucky subscriber!

3 Likes

Linus’s law applies very well here. There are simply too many people working on Linux to cover up any attempted tracking code. The same can be said for all the other crucial software powering a Linux OS.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batterygate

Possible, although I generally doubt that that occurs. It would obviously drain your battery a lot. Is it possible that your dad had been researching bagpipes before he had talked about them?

3 Likes

Nope, we saw a set of bagpipes in an antique store and he said something about them. He had never researched bagpipes before.

1 Like

@LorenDB, The same link also confesses this: “Regarding some of 2014’s largest global open source software vulnerabilities, he says, “In these cases, the eyeballs weren’t really looking”.[”.

The Linux or Linux software will not track or cover up anything, but that’s not enough as you can see from the quote above. Linux developers could continue to leave a security vulnerabilities pretending to be honest mistake with “catch us if you can” basis. Anything undetected during testing is a potential exploit. Until found out and fixed, the app developers could use those exploits. Just saying…

1 Like

Y’all are now gonna think I’m nuts, but I tried a 1.2mm guitar pick today (for the first time in a long time) and I actually really like it. And I promise I’m not just changing my opinions to get on y’all’s good side :joy: I see what you mean about thick picks. The weird thing is, I tried one a few months ago and hated it. Maybe my technique got better or something.

5 Likes

True. Even if code is open-source, the likelihood that it will be vetted is low. There was actually a piece of malware semi-recently that claimed to be open-source (and there was code online that claimed to be that malware), but the program that was distributed was actually a Trojan virus.

However, I tend to think that if the code is open-source, people will realize the futility of trying to sneak in bad code (although there was an attack on PHP last year).

Hm. I guess it’s possible it was listening, but it also could have been location tracking. In my opinion, the whole thing of “my phone listens to me” is a bit far-fetched: think of the battery that it would take to constantly record and parse audio into words. Even if you simply streamed the audio to an online server for parsing, it would drain both your battery and your mobile data very quickly.

1 Like

See also https://lifehacker.com/just-how-much-does-your-phone-listen-to-sell-you-target-1848495516

1 Like

What is shared in the 02/10/22 article in your link is what I suspect could happen and shared quite a few times with one of people I know, some time ago! Whenever I suspect something, they make it public btw.

But here’s where they all go wrong. The article says this.

" In some cases, though, your phone legitimately does listen to you. Your mic is always on by default, so it can hear you use commands like “Hey Siri” or “OK Google.” While it may not record that data, it always listens, and some apps may use that feature."

How legitimate it is when a phone listens to you but you don’t know it? In other words, you don’t want to be listened to but you are listened anyways - due to carelessness or otherwise really does not matter - means it is not legitimate. You do not need an explicit law to deal with it. Thus this breach becomes someone other than the phone owner/user’s responsibility!

Eventually it is government’s responsibility which I stated sometime ago in this forum. The ballad of Jed Clampet - Banjo - Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

haha… Nope. We’re happy now that you see! :slight_smile:

I would take this use of the word"legitimately" to mean “truly.” That makes it much more plausible of a statement.

2 Likes

Just these two examples Mason, listening to DLQ’s singing and trying a thick pick, should show you not to be so outspoken against something till you’ve TRIED it. There’s a reason everybody loves something most of the time! :slight_smile:

8 Likes