Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: What are you listening to?

This is such a long post, I don’t know if I already posted to this. Choosing a perfect bluegrass group is an impossible task since bluegrass covers a wide variety of stylistic techniques depending on whether the band is more traditional or more progressive. I like both progressive and traditional players myself, however I will lean toward progressive bluegrass players as an interesting group to put together:

mandolin; Chris Thile
fiddle: Michael Cleveland
guitar: David Grier
dobro: Jerry Douglas

I would pick Bela Fleck for banjo, but I am unsure what he is doing these days. Mostly I would like to hear those four fellows jam for a while. I think that might be fun.

5 Likes

That would be a blast. Though Michael would probably tell jokes making fun of me between every song… :neutral_face::joy:

2 Likes

You don’t think I’m skilled enough to do it during the song?

4 Likes

Well, you’d probably just want to play Tony Rice songs and I don’t recall him having a rude song about Mason… :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe not, but we can play Stan Rogers songs.

3 Likes

I want banjo too…

Oh heck yeah! Love Littlepage!

1 Like

That’s my department, Buster! :joy:

I don’t have much idea about the favorites but seems like this link has tried and tested band players… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRJLkNqNXI :wink:

Honestly, I like @CalebEllis submission, sure to give the favorites run for their money! :slight_smile:

Have any more book recommendations? I read The Mysterious Benedict Society again the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 Like

What about @Flatpickin_Libbys book?

Tried With Fire https://a.co/d/dZzI5yY

3 Likes

@LorenDB I think you would enjoy An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth (disclaimer: not trying to be on topic) if you haven’t already.

1 Like

But Michael gets banjo too?

2 Likes

Triple banjos is the quickest recipe for nuclear war

2 Likes

Nah, Michael doesn’t even like banjo :joy:

2 Likes

The Boulderdash recording on Bela’s album was triple banjos :joy:

2 Likes

I’m courius if tihs sntencee is igllibnetile to aonyne esle?

3 Likes

Someone needs to put My Bluegrass Heart over the North Korean army marching :joy:

1 Like

Very… random :joy:

Prfcet my goud sr

1 Like

Duuuuude :joy: Make that your next project, please! It would get 10M views. Just title it “North Korean Army Marches to Hillbilly Music”

1 Like