Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: What are you listening to?

Um no

*ahem
When I was a child I used to love to watch the rainnn

2 Likes

Just make Josh Swift handle all the vocals :joy::joy:

1 Like

Guitar - Josh Williams
Mando - Sierra Hull
Banjo - Russ Carson
Fiddle - Maddie Denton
Bass - Mark Shatz
dobro - Rob Ickes (like duh)
Guitar could be a toss up of josh or trey, both have great lead singing voice.

6 Likes

@Shaky_loves_banjo Solid

Chris Eldridge?

3 Likes

Junior Sisk G & V
Darrell Webb M & V
Porter Church or Charlie Cushman Banjo
Jeff Autry G & V
Tommy Jackson F
Ray Deaton Bass & V

5 Likes

Wednesday night ice breaker with Michael. You have the opportunity to see one reunion show of any bluegrass band or band lineup (with living members). Who do you choose?

I’m going with either the 1980s lineup of New Grass Revival (Sam Bush, John Cowan, Bela Fleck, and Pat Flynn) or the Bowman/Tyminski/Austin lineup of LRB.

3 Likes

2003 Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver - just for the vocal trio with Barry Scott and Jamie Dailey. Banjo Dale Perry, fiddles J.W. Stockman and Jess Barry. There was just nothing like that vocal trio.

4 Likes

I’d like to just see Doyle’s band again like it was when he retired.

Doyle, Jerry Cole, Ben James, Eli Johnston,
Stephen Burwell, Matt Flake. Would be fun if Josh Swift was there too.

4 Likes

The Boxcars!

4 Likes

I was gonna say exactly what Timothy said, but Dailey and Vincent from back when they were bluegrass would be fun too!

3 Likes

Yes that too! What wouldn’t I give to see Jamie and Darrin in about 2011 with Jeff Parker, Christian Davis, Joe Dean (or Jessie Baker) and Jesse Stockman (or maybe B J Cherryholmes). Those YouTube videos are just on fire! Unbelievable vocals. And such a good SHOW - they’re so funny and entertaining. Just wish they could’ve stayed hard core bluegrass!

3 Likes

Either this or AKUS.

3 Likes

I know they’re going to be at Jekyll this year– I wonder if they’ll be doing bluegrass. Y’all should go and let me know :smile:

1 Like

Dailey & Vincent? We’ve heard them live twice. (Actually didn’t sit through all of the second time) They’ve got those drums… :weary: Jamie still the best singer of all time though!!

3 Likes

I actually don’t mind some of their country stuff. Ben James sounds very good with Jamie, naturally lol. “Those Memories” is awesome.

2 Likes

I don’t mind everything they’re doing now either. But I just wish I could see this live…

3 Likes

Let’s see…:thinking:
@Michael_Mark - Guitar/Bass/banjo depending on song
@Mason_Crone - Banjo/guitar/bass depending on song
@Dragonslayer - Bass/fiddle depending on song
Caleb Ellis - Mandolin (sorry guys that’s all I play😜)
Littlepage Sims - Dobro (y’all don’t know him but he’s good😂)
That’s my dream band right now guys🙃

5 Likes

I can only play electric bass tho :no_mouth: :joy:

We could do a mandolin quartet…!

2 Likes