Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: What are you listening to?

Btw, I was just giving my thoughts on the Blue Chip here since I was finally able to try one. I will never again assume I know what other people feel :joy: I’ve heard people say they feel nothing like a primetone and other people say they feel similar, I guess it’s different for everyone haha. Plus I wouldn’t have been able to compare the tone difference anyway because I was playing nice guitars with it and the one I’m used to is cheap, I was just elaborating on what it felt like to me. I forgot to bring one of my picks to directly compare. Maybe that booming sound from the guitars was actually because of the Blue Chip :scream::joy:

4 Likes

Compared and elated, huh? :joy:

Anyone going to Withlacoochee this March? So excited that our band is going to be playing 12 and 5pm on Saturday! :partying_face::notes:

5 Likes

6 Likes
4 Likes

Heyyy! :joy:

7 Likes

It’s a great combo but kinda confused me. It’d be like hearing Ricky Skaggs joined The Grascals or something. But maybe Alan had reasons for wanting to go from band leader to sideman. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I’m glad Grasstowne is still going to be a thing. Apparently they were starting to play fewer tour dates anyway due to the other members’ schedules? Anyway, I think it’s so cool that they’ve got another veteran coming aboard. They’ve got one of the best stepping in who screams supergroup. Plus I can bet Alan’s vocal skills will be used well…

3 Likes

I’m sure it will be great! Just surprised me.

Come down to Withlacoochee tomorrow! I couldn’t live less than 2 hours away from this festival and not go! We’re having so much fun!

3 Likes

I have Bible school in the evening (and it’s also my mom’s birthday) but I’m sure I’ll get over there one of these years.

Sounds like the best birthday gift to me! :banjo:

3 Likes

I got the “3 years on the site” Anniversary Badge today :+1:

7 Likes

Yep I got it too :+1:

6 Likes

Me too, yesterday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What song have you been stuck listening to lately?

I’ve really been enjoying this one!

2 Likes

I’ve listened to Young Original’s “Doubt Your Love” live take several times now:

They normally also have Carver Bowers on vocals as well as Lily Morren (Ben the pianist’s wife).
For those of you who haven’t seen them, they are well worth a follow on Instagram! I believe they are aiming to release an album and hopefully will be on more platforms soon.

Others from last month or so include “Part of the Plan” by Dan Fogelberg and “The Riddle” by Five for Fighting.

Sorry, none of those were bluegrass. :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve heard most of those musicians but not together. We jammed with Joe Xiques for a while a couple years ago. Wish my piano playing skills were half that good!

2 Likes

Sharing an important link with y’all: Tune into the FREE global premiere livestream of The Great Awakening, an upcoming film by the same team that made Plandemic! It’s happening June 3rd at 6pm CT (UTC-5:00). Register at PlandemicSeries.com. Help me share!

3 Likes

I did a string stock up from the general store so I could get a free Blue Chip… I bought a TP 60 for a friend’s birthday a few months ago and I kinda really like it so I got one for myself and then got the free thumbpick :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@Lucy_L You made it onto Sierra’s Instagram story

8 Likes