Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

That’s basically a fancy way of saying we have to either agree or keep our mouth shut.:joy: I don’t think that’s what Banjo Ben wants. In that video I said that I like the pick, but wouldn’t personally spend $40 on it. That’s not tearing it down or anything.

2 Likes

Well actually if you don’t agree there’s nothing wrong with keeping your mouth shut. That’s most of the reason I don’t answer you on here. It’s called respect - and recognizing that I still have so much to learn and don’t want to come across sounding arrogant.

4 Likes

Yeah, I get that. I just don’t feel like I need to be afraid to give my opinions on something if people are gonna disagree. I do understand that it can kinda leave the debate category and turn into a disrespectful argument, so that makes sense. But that only happens when Michael gets involved.

3 Likes

Michael probably states his feelings more than the rest of us do. I keep mine a little quieter usually :smile: and I don’t always agree with him either - far from it :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway we are playing 5 sets at a bluegrass festival this weekend, starting with 2 tonight, so gotta go! I’m so excited! Might be a little tired out by the end of this weekend! :joy:

7 Likes

Sounds fun! Good luck. :+1:

4 Likes

Okay, since I’m so uneducated and uninformed, what are some artists and albums y’all recommend? And please don’t give me 1000s, just one or two that are really good so I can slowly get educated :joy:

3 Likes

Jake Workman, Landmark

Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, Light on My Feet, Ready to Fly

Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, Help Is on the Way

Deano Graham, Time Has a Way

Jake and Rebekah Workman, Deep Into the Heart

Blueridge, Gettin Ready

Barry Scott & Second Wind, In God’s Time

Bryan Sutton, Bluegrass Guitar

Noam Pikelny Plays Kenny Baker Plays Bill Monroe

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Soldier of the Cross

All the Scott Vestal Bluegrass instrumental albums

Oops. That wasn’t 1-2. Sorry!

7 Likes

Oh boy, I’ve got some listening to do… :joy:

3 Likes

I typically recommend starting with the Bluegrass Albums.

3 Likes

This! :point_up::point_up:

3 Likes

You probably won’t like the Tony Rice albums because of the lack of banjo focus…

Aren’t they all bluegrass albums?

Totally agree.

:joy::joy::joy:

Also very true.

Have fun Libby! You guys are going to do great!

Oh, and I’m out of likes :unamused:

7 Likes

Just kidding, I know what you meant😂

The Bluegrass Albums, not the bluegrass albums.

1 Like

How in the world does Mason always keep ending up in the topic of the spiral??? :joy: Do we seriously discuss him that much?!

2 Likes

My favorite active bluegrass band is Balsam Range.

Also, check out the Lonesome River Band. The best on the scene in terms of rhythm IMO!

1 Like

I’m an important person.

1 Like

Definitely listen to Live in Prague by DLQ.

3 Likes