Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Thanks!

4 Likes

Why be normal? Why not be special?!! (special <> abnormal)

1 Like

I thought about adding a clause to say excepting articles and conjunctions, but it is a noble pursuit to rephrase a sentence to work without duplicates.

No, you did well. Michael, not so much.

I didn’t say you do. Nevertheless your reaction to what some may refer to as $3 words would reveal a lack of exposure to such language on your end.
Thus I am not errant in my mission to introduce my generation to such a manner of speaking

5 Likes

Oh no, I sense a Visual Basic man! Obviously, it should be != the way God intended!

5 Likes

Forsooth, quoth I, 'tis a noble aim and one to be highly desired.

lol wdym, quoth everybody else.

4 Likes

Not me!!!

4 Likes

Is it really better?

3 Likes

Welcome to Banjo Ben’s forum!

3 Likes

Welcome! Feel free to add your thoughts whenever you feel like it :smile:

3 Likes

More people have been to Berlin than I have

2 Likes

Me no visual basic… That was IBM midrange style! Also we speak in TLAs! But either way, it is not very intuitive! :frowning: Our music folks would easily get confused.

3 Likes

What shall the spiral discussion be about next? Not much has been added lately…

5 Likes

In other news, I have a new video out now…

9 Likes

Very well done!

5 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Picking is crisp, video is sharp, presentation beautiful!

Since I only started learning picking from Ben’s videos, I never played mis-strokes, in fact it would be difficult for me to play wrong strokes. But I’m impressed with your picking speed!

3 Likes

Thanks! Yep, it’s crucial to follow the directions Ben writes in since they’re always correct. One of the best ways to get used to it! Though sometimes I used to be naughty and ignore the pickstrokes… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

What on earth made this spiral topic to stop revolving? Is that my remark that I enjoyed these chats?? Wish @Archie had known this trick! :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

In my case I don’t play by ear so much yet (partly because of time constraints), so it wasn’t too difficult to follow his instructions when I relied too much on tab. But you guys try out a lot of things, that has its own advantages as we can see from your playing!

3 Likes

Title change.

3 Likes