Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

I’ve heard that one :joy::joy: Not my favorite.

Better than my last examples though?

Oh really? I don’t know somehow impressed me…

Um maybe…

I really like that song, have since I was about 9😂

You gotta keep in mind, that’s the style of music I’ve always liked. I only got into bluegrass in 2018, so I’m not just like “all electric instruments are bad!” :joy:

It’s about Jesus though, I don’t think that would be at the Barbeque joint :joy::joy: Unless you’re at Dollywood…

1 Like

You might be surprised at how much gospel type material is done in little country bars, restaurants & such.

2 Likes

Well I guess that’s good, people who hang around those places need to hear it.

I think that’s your way of saying you liked it but you’ve got too much pride to say that here :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually, I didn’t like it that much, because it sounds very cliche rock-influenced country to me. But I did like it better than Guns 'n Roses :joy:

1 Like

Haha. I like it a lot. I like country and rock mixes, that way it’s usually not too heavy and the singers are usually good. Most rock singers are terrible.

2 Likes

I have no idea if it’s true, but the vocals in that cut sounded slightly tuned to me.

An old friend of mine (once my little league coach) never drank & spent two days a week honging out at the bar.

I once asked him why he hung out there so much, knowing he didn’t drink.

He answered something to the effect that it being the best place to bring the message to those who needed most to hear it that was close.

6 Likes

Very true, that was a good thing for him to do.

4 Likes

@Michael_Mark , I’m gonna link something. Keep in mind it’s not something I really like, you just need to hear Axl Rose when he isn’t screaming in a high voice.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I never would’ve though of Rhett Walker Band as country rock… I would just call it normal non-hip-hop CCM

3 Likes

Lets Go!!!

But aren’t they so much fun??

Sounds like you need some more Jake Workman material.

Yes much.

Not where we are, maybe ya’ll still have more of a Christian culture in the States than we do.

Aww it’s just mainstream Country that you would hear on the Radio except that it has Christian Lyrics. For sure better than any rock and even a lot of CCM.

2 Likes

I would never even realize that’s supposed to be country unless someone told me. I would call it pop or rock…

1 Like