Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

That might be stretching it!

2 Likes

Mason: I don’t think any of Doyle Lawson’s singers have great vocal talent.
Me: Have you ever listened to any of these 50 singers who sang in the band?
Mason: no

3 Likes

He was one of Doyle’s singers who was not bad!

1 Like

I can’t think of any singers that Doyle has ever had that I didn’t like. They all sound different and I have some favorites but none that I just can’t listen to. His vocal group was always best of the best!

3 Likes

Ok Mason, you said you like Alison Krauss. I assume that means you would agree that she has excellent taste in vocal ability.

Well, she HIRED Dan Tyminski to sing harmony and lead in her band! BOOM!

1 Like

Okay y’all, it’s dumb and a waste of time to argue about singers all afternoon. Just think about it, who cares if you don’t agree with me? Who cares if I don’t agree with you? This is all opinion. I personally feel that male bluegrass singers usually aren’t great. Who cares if y’all disagree? You don’t have to bite my head off because you feel differently. You’re basically treating me like I’m just insane because my opinion is different than yours. Just look at the thread title, whoever named it that. I’m sure all of y’all will admit that you aren’t perfect. So just because you feel a certain way, does that make it undoubtedly true? No. Just because I feel a certain way, does that make it undoubtedly true? No again. It’s obvious that we don’t agree on this, let’s just leave it at that. No point in fuming at each other over something so dumb.

1 Like

I think people had more of a problem with your specific examples… :joy:

It’s opinion though. In my opinion, they aren’t great. In your opinion, they are. And that’s fine.

Since we all have so much to learn about music (agreed!) we should keep that in mind when making such strong comments like a well-known famous band has no talent in a specific area. Opinions can go too far, from people who really are just amateurs - and that’s all of us. Just my very friendly thought. :grinning:

7 Likes

I agree, and I’m sorry if I offended you.

3 Likes

Nope not me. You like Jake, everything’s good!

4 Likes

:joy: Well yeah, Jake is awesome.

4 Likes

Mason: Yeah those Doyle Lawson guys don’t really have vocal talent. I like Jake Workman though!
Libby: err kinda weird but great!!
Me: I love Doyle and RSKT, and Jake! I gotta say I like TR better though.
Libby: SCUM OF THE EARTH!!

:joy::rofl:

5 Likes

You’re certainly putting words in my mouth and especially today, the day I like Tony just as much as Jake. We’re all friends and even more so when we agree DLQ sing well (that’s such a given).

2 Likes

:joy: I’m just joking

2 Likes

I know :grin:

1 Like

Enjoy your 1 day free trial of having Tony Rice as your favorite guitarist!

4 Likes

The lifetime membership costs only your pride.

3 Likes

So I’m not a friend? :sob::joy:

2 Likes