Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Um, keep in mind that Mason said that anyone could play like J.D. with just a few weeks of practice.

2 Likes

I have heard PLENTY of bluegrass singers. Bluegrass talent comes from the instruments, very rarely from the vocals.

And you think Axl Rose has a good voice

Yes, after playing banjo for a little while you could replicate his style pretty easily. Bela or Noam? It would take YEARS, if not forever.

I said earlier that he sounds weird.

I never said that I like his voice.

No. Good bluegrass vocals takes FAR more practice than good bluegrass mandolin or banjo.

1 Like

Complete opinion.

I think it’s actually the other way around. You could brute force learn what Bela and Noam PLAY, but you could never hope to SOUND like Crowe.

1 Like

Don’t say that until you’re a banjo or mandolin master.

I will leave it up to Gunnar to decide whether or not I could qualify as an Asian banjo master

1 Like

Also, I didn’t say master necessarily…

Mason: I’ve tasted plenty of fruit
Me: so do you like bananas, mangoes, strawberries, grapes, apples, oranges, or blueberries?
Mason: I’ve never had any of those

2 Likes

You won’t play anything progressive, you’re NOT a master :joy::joy:

Would you stop?

1 Like

Um, it’s a perfect analogy though.

I’m out of likes…

Mason: I can present my opinion
Me: points out flaws in his logic
Him: oh do shut up

1 Like

I might agree with Mason on it being easier to play like JD than Noam or Bela. No, you could never play or sound exactly like him, but no 2 professional players sounds alike. They have a unique style. I wouldn’t want to play like one person - since so many people have made their own styles, my ideal playing would be to combine them.

There’s a reason hundreds of people play Scruggs style pretty well but only a few people play like Noam.

2 Likes