Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Spiral Discussion. STATUS: Attention Homeschooled - A poll/survey for you!

Can I flag that post? Please, pretty please?

2 Likes

Ha!

1 Like

Dude that’s what all singing is!! What do you want? Opera in bluegrass? It’s a whole lot better than your rock guys who literally just scream words with hardly a tune.

2 Likes

I actually thought about it…

1 Like

You have no idea what you’re talking about

2 Likes

I know exactly what i’m talking about!!

1 Like

What I mean is when their singing voice sounds just like their talking voice. It’s just kinda dull with no talent.

1 Like

That’s what I’m talkin about.
5 Likes

oh my you’re beyond hope.

1 Like

No you don’t. I don’t like the rock bands that just scream at all. AC DC is awful, that’s the style you’re thinking about.

1 Like

That’s literally how you’re supposed to sound. What do you want, Bob Dylan?

And I happen to think Bob Dylan had a great voice by the way

1 Like

No i know i don’t like that style at all.

1 Like

Listen to He Made it All Right and tell me Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver doesn’t have vocal talent.

2 Likes

No it’s not, with good singers there’s almost always a clear distinction between their talking and singing voice. Bluegrass guys tend to sing in a way that literally just sounds like they’re talking and trying to do it to notes, if that makes sense.

Alison Krauss has a speech-like quality with minimal vibrato, and you like her!

1 Like

There’s no difference between Dan Tyminski and a country singer.

BOOM!!!

1 Like

Her singing voice sounds nothing like her speaking voice though. There’s talent there.

1 Like

As far as their voice is concerned.

1 Like

Have you ever heard Corey Hensley talk though?

See, you can’t make that statement accurately. And actually, Alison’s speaking voice has similar tonal qualities as her singing voice, but it’s lower.

3 Likes

Singing is supposed to be turning your voice into an instrument. If you just talk to a tune, for lack of a better way to say it, it doesn’t sound very good.