Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Purple Hulls sing National Anthem - You've gotta see/hear this

I think this is the best rendition of our National Anthem I’ve ever heard.

:us: Sang the National Anthem in an airplane hanger Saturday night, per a request we received from someone in the audience. :grimacing: T’was our first time to sing it together (besides playing around w/it during sound check), & the ginormous flag & military vets in the crowd made it extra memorable. We had our bass player Abby sing the lead part-girl can sang!! :us: God bless the USA!
PurpleHullsNationalAnthem

8 Likes

Saw that on Facebook last night. Incredible!

2 Likes

Wow wow wow! I had to go to the Purple Hull’s facebook page to find it but yeah that was incredible.

2 Likes

Man! Facebook sure doesn’t make it easy to share a video. Took my 3 tries to figure out which URL to paste in here that would actually work.

3 Likes

@Mark_Rocka thanks for fixing the link. That was amazing.

3 Likes

Love the harmonies :us:

2 Likes

And now it has expired. Sucks…

2 Likes

Reposted video

2 Likes

I just reposted it and updated it in the original post. It’s also on their Facebook page.

It’s been a while. Nice to hear from you @Archie :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would like to hear this… but don’t know how to find it.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, they only have the video on Facebook, so this link probably won’t last long.

5 Likes

Fantastic! Incredible! @Mark_Rocka. Thank you.

I also wish they would record this some way… So I could hear all of it clearly…

3 Likes

I really like @BanjoBen’s Mandolin solo of the Anthem and enjoy playing it almost daily.

The harmony and arrangement is both true and reverent to the traditional but also different in styling that makes it their own.

3 Likes

The crazy thing is, they just threw it together at the last minute. Katy said they had been playing around with it (I think she said in the car) but they’d never officially worked it up.

I’d love to hear it after they actually feel like they’ve got it down, though I don’t know how it could be any better.

5 Likes

Wow… Me too @Mark_Rocka

1 Like

I fixed the link

4 Likes

Good to see you post @MissMaggie

2 Likes