Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Petersens Family Band

Stumbled on this great county n’ bluegrass band on YouTube

4 Likes

What an awesome coincidence, so did I!

1 Like

They’ve been around for a few years. They have a wonderful sound.

2 Likes

I’m not convinced that this is recorded live…the mix is too good. I think they recorded it in studio then sang/played to it, which is totally fine and what most folks do with performance music videos. These are talented folks!

2 Likes

They’re great. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

She’s playing a PINK BANJO! I give this two thumbs up, 101 tomatoes, or whatever you do when the video acquires 'grass-cred. I mean, comeon… Lookit that banjo!

Not even that Dixie Chick had a PINK BANJO!
(Now if she could just work on her lip-syncing skills…)

1 Like

I think her Pink Banjo is possibly a Custom Huber. She is also a great solo singer. Just saying

2 Likes

The whole Family’s great!
And just for the record, you can actually see them NOW! In fact, their New Year’s Eve concert is still available!
https://www.bransonshows.com/activity/ThePetersenFamilyBlueGrassBand.cfm

2 Likes

A Veteran’s Family so worthy of support.

Just had a thought, perhaps sometime in the New Year @BanjoBen might consider inviting them to do a guest appearance at his cabin and have his sisters The Purple Hulls join them in a little house concert on CabinStream.

2 Likes

I thought it was a deering based on headstock shape…

I second this request!

2 Likes

The Pink Banjo Lady is Ellen Petersen. This picture from two months ago:
“On October 13th, 2019 Michael Haygood of The Haygoods proposed to Ellen Petersen of The Petersens at Gaston’s White River Resort. Michael and Ellen began dating in 2016 after meeting at The Haygoods show and finding common ground over their love of aviation, music, and faith.”

Honestly, between Earl, @BanjoBen Ben, and Ellen, I just don’t know what it is between banjo players and aircraft…

Ellen Petersen plays a custom Hopkins.

4 Likes

Query Solved

http://dphopkinsbanjos.com/pinklady.html

2 Likes

They got hitched.

2 Likes