Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The latest ebike builds

I just finished building my wife’s latest ebike. She was having problems with falling over when she came to a stop because she was not comfortable getting down off the saddle when the bike stopped. So I purchased a 24" bike where she could have her feet flat on the ground while sitting on the seat at a stop. I added a layback seat post to give her better extension when pedaling. It is a mid-drive with disc brakes and an upright seating position. It will do 30mph, but at the legal 20mph, it is very comfortable.Sara's%20Bike%20small

7 Likes

Nice! I built an ebike last year and they’re a lot of fun. I bought a 7 speed 700c bike from Costco and added the electric kit myself.

3 Likes

Looks great!

3 Likes

That’s quite a rig! When it comes to cycling there is nothing worse than a bike that doesn’t fit. My wife had a roadbike that simply didn’t fit (too big) and it caused a lot of issues. A couple years ago she bought a new one that she enjoys riding here. We do 2 - 3 week-long cycling trips in Europe every year and she has begun using an e-bike there due to the fact she cannot do hills. I’m a 62-year old hill killer (on a NON e-bike) and it’s nice not to have to wait for her at the top of the hills anymore; she likes it because we can ride together on these trips versus getting separated every time we go up a big hill. I hope your wife likes the bike you built. Now, if we can just get people driving cars to keep out of the bike lanes!

2 Likes