Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The humor thread (formerly Sunday funny)

I always close cases to keep critters out. I was pulling a guitar out to work on it the other day. In the time it took me to get it out and put it on the table, Peanut (a cat) got into the case, got totally settled and was trying to convince me that she was already asleep. She looked so ecstatic, I let the sleeping cat lie.

8 Likes

That could have gone in a much more horrific direction. Iā€™m glad it didnā€™t. :laughing:

5 Likes

Ha ha!!!

3 Likes

Because NOTHING makes you think of a bluegrass Christmas more than aā€¦ 6 string banjo? :man_facepalming:

Should have consulted a banjo player.

3 Likes

Hmmmm. :frowning: Nah, Iā€™m not buyinā€™ it. I mean I am literally not going to buy it.

6 Likes

11 Likes

YES!!! Is that in Proverbs?

:wink:

3 Likes

cheeses

Had my weekly visit from the LDS yesterday. Cheese Us for those who canā€™t make the connection.

3 Likes

Yesterday we were playing a card game, and I was showing my brother this video of his favorite Purple Hulls song, Welcome to West Texas.

I mentioned something about Ben and he was like ā€œis that Ben in the middle? 'cause it looks like him with his Banjo Billy wig.ā€ And I was like :joy::joy::joy::man_facepalming:.
6 Likes

Ha! Donā€™t know whether thatā€™s more a roast on Ben or Pennyā€¦ :thinking:

3 Likes

In the middle there is two. Your brother must have meant the one standing behind. :wink:

2 Likes

The bald guy? Yeah he totally looks like banjo Billy :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Oh really? Me donā€™t knowā€¦ Coolā€¦

3 Likes

LOL! Thatā€™s awesome!

Thatā€™s actually the video I used to try to figure out the chord chart I posted a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if they miss playing together.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Listen till the end, itā€™s worth it :joy::joy::grimacing::joy:

4 Likes

Ouch! That was painful Reminds me of cats crying in the night :crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

That was painful. Not quite as painful as this Oh Holy Night, though.

Probably the least crude South Park recording Iā€™ve ever heard.

4 Likes

Oof that was funny but painful :joy::joy:
On the one I posted, we were listening to it (months ago when we discovered it) and I was lip syncing with funny faces to make my brothers laugh, and I actually strained my voice and hurt my throat just lip syncing! I was even making any noise :joy::joy::grimacing:

2 Likes

Oh manā€¦ thatā€™s too funny! :rofl:

And (apparently) it was done by a guy in Hendersonville, TN. He explains/recreates it (some 20 years later) here:

2 Likes