Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The City of New Orleans

Hey folks… This summer I am going to be recording an eclectic album of songs from my decade… (the 70’s) and one of those songs is “The City of New Orleans”. I would love to try and do a collaborative effort. I will provide a scratch track with me playing guitar, bass and singing. I will be in need of a banjo, and a mandolin, and another guitar. I will add the bass and a guitar part, as well as singing a verse. As there are three verses, there is also room for two other singers to snag a verse if you want. Any player who wants to will need to solo over an "A " section, a “B” section or the Chorus. I would love for your contribution to be video and audio. I will send out the scratch track/video of me playing guitar and singing along with a Number Chart (yay! a chance to get your numbers together!).
Summary:
I will need the following video+audio recording
2 more guitarists
2 more vocalists (actually - as many as would want to sing - (especially on the chorus)
a banjo
a mandolin
Any dobro players out there?

Does this interest anyone? This album is not something I will be selling - but mostly as a “bucket list” thing - I want to have something for my children and grandchildren to listen to. My son will be mixing and mastering the audio.
mr g

5 Likes

a side-note… this whole album will be songs I have always wanted to record when in other groups but they got shot down… so the working title is “Shut - up! Because I LIKE these tunes, that’s why!!!”

2 Likes

Are you gonna do “Never gonna give you up?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That sounds like a great idea. Are you doing “City of N.O.” Arlo Guthrie stylish? I assume by audio/video you want someone to “pick-synch” a video to their recorded track?

2 Likes

guthrie-ish… definitely. I will send out a scratch track with a “potato” to lead folks to come in at the right place.

1 Like

I can provide a venue and a banjo if you’re willing to travel to Indiana. (Sorry, never tried the dobro)

dude - would LOVE to come to Indiana… but no can do!

1 Like

I might be interested in the banjo part.

I can do the banjo part for you. Send me the track. rjp333@icloud.com I love that song. Lets do Country roads too!