Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The Canary Series

That was fun! We have seen her before when she was younger and she is simply AMAZING. Haven’t seen this one yet though. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I think it’s new. I thought it might brighten up your day 1

2 Likes

Thanks @Archie.

It may seem somehow “Dated” perhaps in today’s pop-oriented world but I like the feeling, musicianship and theory of Boogie Woogie (as opposed to simple Boogie - a word associated with disco - which isn’t my cup of tea :coffee::wink:).

Is it me… or does there seem to be a link of evolution between Ragtime (which I also like so very much) and this… like it is a more danceable and modern, jazzy cousin… artistically?

I hadn’t really thought of it in this way before…:thinking:

:+1::facepunch: Thanks @Archie

3 Likes

There seems to be a big revival for boogie woogie piano here in the UK. Thanks largely to this street musician who tricks passers by mostly visitors to the UK playing on station pianos around London. WARNING his videos are very addictive…

4 Likes

Sorry Kaleb, Don’t mean to hijack your thread. rules

4 Likes

Addictive @Archie!

2 Likes

Very Addictive @WillCoop !

2 Likes

@Archie, no worries! LOL! I do like all kinds of fun music. Here’s another piano piece. It is Daniel’s personal arrangement of Come Thou Fount. No sheet music help just by ear and by feel. Happy Sunday!

9 Likes

That was beautiful Daniel goodnight

5 Likes

Good…good!

4 Likes

Today’s video. We were smart and recorded two yesterday since Dan is back at work today. :grin:

13 Likes

Wow that blew me away Kaleb Cloud961

5 Likes

Great job on both of those! That arrangement of come thou fount was beautiful! I love that hymn

5 Likes

Today was a stretch to make it but here is our video.

13 Likes

I love that song, good job !

4 Likes

@banjoboyk,

I hear a heavier element to this “Cluck Old Hen” one that I like… which is probably due to the way the guitar chord progression goes…

It makes me want to hear you guys jam some Volbeat (who occasionally uses Banjo :banjo: in their rock, by the way) into Bluegrass

Like “Let’s shake some Dust” or “Lady Pearl” from “Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies” album. :metal:

3 Likes

@banjoboyk, said it before, will say it again, yall have been doing a fantastic job on the canary series, and DAILY songs! I really do look fwd to what song you’ll post next! :grin::+1:t2:

@WillCoop , I like cluck old hen, there are several versions out there. You might enjoy the one by Don Julin Acoustic Trio (u can easily find it on YouTube)…

5 Likes

@WillCoop I have never heard of them. If they are not bluegrass, country or gospel I’ve never been exposed or try not to listen. :grin: @Simone, we are still having a good time! For the most part. It gets hard when Daniel doesn’t get home until 6:30, we eat dinner and do dishes and by then it’s 8pm. Those have been scramble nights but hey, why break the streak when we are over 30?! Here’s today’s. It was actually warm enough to play outside! So any canaries heard are wild…

13 Likes

:heartbeat: That tune hat_wave

7 Likes

Great job! Funny that you posted that song - my brother Timothy and I have been working on that same song as a banjo/guitar duet and we recently took a video; we’re doing almost the same thing you guys are! :slight_smile: It’s a fun tune. Keep it up!

8 Likes