Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The 'Banjo Riff'

I really love this Don Reno number and have been trying to learn it watching Rob McCoury’s version which is awesome. I’ve only just started getting into the lick so a few bum notes here and there and that roll at the end I just cant get my fingers around it yet. However i hope to improve with practise.
So here it is warts and all. Forgive the fiddle playing, I cant play fiddle yet but just about scratch a few notes out of it. :rofl:

10 Likes

Sweet picking! What’s the tune name?

It’s just called the ‘banjo riff.’ :+1:

1 Like

Oh, well that’s a cool tune name :joy::joy: though I thought this post was gonna be about the G lick… lol :joy::joy:

That would be difficult as it’s in D :rofl::wink:

1 Like

OK, I saw your title and opened this post and immediately clicked the play button. I heard this tune a long time ago and really liked it.

So my head is a bobbin’ and my foot is a tappin’, I’m really diggin’ it. Then I read your post. Wait, whaaat? That’s you playing?

See Jon, that’s why I’m your fan girl :star_struck::clap::heart::camera_flash:

2 Likes

Your too kind, I’ll keep practising till I get it better as it’s early days on this. :wink:

1 Like

That’s Awesome! So repetitive, but it never gets old. But I think it would drive my family crazy. :joy:

1 Like

Yes it is very repetitive, but with a guitar, fiddle or mandolin break thrown in, it would break it up a bit more I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

THAT IS FUN! It’s a toe tapper for sure, and I agree that the melody could be passed around with a few different instruments to stretch it out and add a sense of variety. Nice job :star:

2 Likes

Really nice. I need to become more familiar with Reno’s stuff.

3 Likes