Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Thanksgiving 2019 - What are YOU thankful for?

An opportunity for each of us to post what we are thankful for, specifically during this Thanksgiving week. Post one or many but post what you feel in your heart to inspire others through humble praise and gratitude!

My (starting) list:

• God giving us the gift of musical expression/form
  • Blessings of Family & Friends
  • God’s Word (The Bible)
  • New jobs this year
  • @BanjoBen, @Jake, all Banjo Ben Site Staffers
  • This site and Forum themselves
  • Banjos, Mandos & Geetars (& inspiring artists)
  • Able to publically express my thanks/praise in this country
  • Veterans (alive & Dead) who have served
8 Likes

To many things to list. But at the top is health! I’m very thankful that I’m healthy

5 Likes

I am thankful for my family, for my health and for my friendship with @BanjoBen and all the folks here.

5 Likes

The freedom in this country to openly worship God and share the gospel. We dare not take it for granted; many Christians around the world don’t have it!

6 Likes
  • The people who started the local 4H bluegrass club, if that never happened, I doubt I would be playing banjo, mandolin, or fiddle.

• My picking teachers and friends
    *Banjo Ben, and his store staff

• My new banjo, and all my instruments

• our pastors and worship team leaders, I have learned a lot from them, both musically and spiritually.
    And a lot more, but I don’t have time to list it all right now.

6 Likes

Funny… I just unloaded the car after shopping for this week. I was on the phone with my wife telling her about the various dishes I was thankful for… pumpkin pie, roast vegetables, wagyu hanger meat… Truly, I am thankful that I never have to wonder where my next meal will come from. I am blessed beyond what I deserve every single day. “Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life.” I am not thankful enough, but I will try to do better. This Thanksgiving, we plan to go through an exercise of writing 25 things we are thankful for. I look forward to it.

5 Likes

Excellent idea!

1 Like

I need another trip to Cuba or India soon to get my thanksgiving motor a tuneup.

3 Likes

I am thankful that Christ gave His life that I might have peace with the Father!

7 Likes

I’m thankful to God for his end of his promise - “I will never leave you; nor forsake you”. (I truly believe it!)
I’m thankful for Banjo Ben’s music - as I’m improved quite a bit now.
There is so many more.

But Ben, visit Tamil Nadu, India! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How about Africa?

1 Like

Yep, that’s the only place in India I’ve been :wink:

2 Likes

Good. :slight_smile: If you plan on visiting Bangalore, I can speak to my brother to connect you with some “music” folks. In Chennai also I can introduce to you to some folks if you are flexible with your schedule.

2 Likes

So thankful that in 1974, the Holy Spirit pricked my heart and showed me I was a sinner. I yielded to that call and accepted Jesus Christ as my saviour. I have been thankful everyday since… All the other blessing like a wonderful wife, children, grandkids, job, musical talent, and great friends are icing on the cake!!!

8 Likes

You :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thankful for everyone in my life, decent health, God above, opportunities to help folks or brighten their day, thankful for every single day, & thankful I’ve finally been able to spend some quality time on this fantastic experience of the Banjo Ben Clark website with a bunch of great folks :blush:!
Turkey in the Straw/Happy Thanksgiving

3 Likes

Chennai is where I proposed to my wife. Incredible people there. Definitely a place that made me thankful for my life, though. I really didn’t understand poverty until visiting the outskirts. Left feeling overwhelmingly blessed.

4 Likes

Oh cool!! :slight_smile: I think I remember you saying that, a place closer to Chennai. The Chennai I knew was from 25 years ago. Yeah there are a lot of poor still. The city got too crowded though in the last many years. But it also got expanded on all sides.

Here is some aerial view and a picture of some places in this youtube video… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTmOIH79kI0

But if you really want to know the Tamil people, you should visit interior or south Tamil Nadu.

3 Likes

Nice picking!

2 Likes

Thank u!

2 Likes