Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Thanks to Ben

Hi Ben,
I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your banjo lessons. I like your style of teaching. You have a great sense of humor combined with serious musical skills and you provide some challenging tab with your lessons. I am somewhere in between intermediate and advanced and your lessons have really advanced my skill level.
Right now I have to schedule my play and practice around my chemotherapy. I have stage 3 gastric cancer but God has blessed the efforts of the treatment and the doctors and nurses with positive results in shrinking the tumor so I can actually eat real food now, praise God!
What I wanted to share with you is that this cancer business may sound bad but I see this through God’s word. Like when Joseph told his brothers that what they had intended for evil God used for good to fulfill His purpose in Joseph’s life and to built Israel as a nation. I believe that God will fulfill His purpose for my life just as He does for every believer. When we are obedient we will be storing our treasure where it will last forever. I believe that God still has a more for me to do.
Your testimony in your bio resonated with me. I praise God that you have dedicated your life to actively serving Him. I am encouraged not just by your lessons but also by your stand for Christ as your Lord and Savior.
I wanted to share one of those aha moments that I recently had. While I was watching a movie called, “Rise of the Guardians”, Santa Claus was explaining to Jack Frost what was his center, He said it was wonder because he looked at everything with wonder and delight and he encouraged Jack to find his center. That was my ‘aha’ moment. I have been amazed at God’s creation, I mean everything. I have telescopes I bought years ago and a microscope which I have used a lot, though not so much now. But I love to examine the detail in tiny flowers to the galaxies I have seen in my telescope. My favorite book is of course Genesis. I have been studying the first twelve chapters for about a year now and I am amazed at all that God has revealed about Himself in just those first twelve chapters. And that was when I realized my center was amazement and wonder at all that God has shown me through His word and His creation. I am compelled to tell others about my Lord, I just can’t do otherwise. And by the way I do love music too. I wanted to share this with you to encourage you to continue serving our Lord as you do through your teaching music and your ministry as assistant pastor at your church. I love that you give God the glory for what He is doing through your ministry as a music teacher and Bible teacher.
In Christ,
Rocky Bellomy

18 Likes

@Rockyw Welcome to the family and i would give a hearty AMEN!!

4 Likes

Hi Rocky welcome to @BanjoBen 's forum it’s a great place to hangout

4 Likes

@Rockyw Welcome!

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome and the amen!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot Archie!

3 Likes

Thank you for the welcome!

2 Likes

Hi Rocky, I really love your post. I enjoyed your testimony both about Ben’s teaching and your journey with cancer. I’ll be keeping you in my prayers. God bless you!

5 Likes

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your prayers, I know that God answers our prayers. I will also pray that our Lord will bless you and your musical journey!

2 Likes

God bless you, brother, and thank you so much for encouraging me this morning! I’m praying for you!

7 Likes

You are welcome, Ben. One of my gifts is to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you for your prayers!

4 Likes