Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Thankful for you...a testimony of sorts

I injured my back last year. It was immensely painful. Turns out, it was a blessing that led me here, to you guys. Since I couldn’t move much during my injury, I was left with little option but to buckle down, focus, and finally learn my roll patterns. Something I had started and stopped many times in years past on my own with no success. Then BAM! Another obstacle, the nut broke on my old, hand me down banjo. I called @Jake at the store and he helped me out by sending me a new nut with a Gold Tone Twanger attached to it. I had back surgery and the Twanger arrived shortly thereafter. During the recovery I spent a lot of time on the beginner track and here on the forum. I’ve come here everyday since. It is a retreat for me, my mountain top from the valley below. There are lessons and picking above the surface here, but there is so much more going on below the surface, it is wonderful and I am all in. I am thankful for each of you. Your stories, your videos, your mistakes, successes, the wisdom from Scotland, that smile from Brazil, the missionary kid; who by the way, Jesus must really love his playing cause he keeps piling on the talent, the expert beginner guy, the family bluegrass band, and everyone in between. My favorite bible verse is Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God.” The injury quieted me, and he showed me this community. You are a daily refuge, and I’m thankful for you. God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving.

25 Likes

Oh man, that is so great to read @Brent.H! Man, I’m a blessed guy beyond measure. I’m so thankful to have you and the whole cast here on the forum!

10 Likes

Thanks @Brent.H, your post of gratitude is something I needed to read at this moment. Keep on “banjo-ing”

4 Likes

God moves in mysterious ways. Good that you find this place. And I pray that you come to know God who is our refuge.

2 Likes

Aww that’s awesome! I’m really grateful for all of y’all amazing people on here that make it such a fun place. Keep rolling!

6 Likes

Thank you for this great post! I love this forum, y’all are awesome people!!! Wish you the best with your back.

6 Likes

Hi Brent.H

I can relate to troubles and difficulties- divorce and Cancer and such. Glad you are another Banjo guy!!!

This place is like home to me more and more as I read all the folks messages of encouragement and also their experiences with the instruments and their joys and struggles to get them fingers working on the fret board. THERE ARE GREAT PEOPLE HERE!!!

Ben, well what can we not say about him!!! He is just amazing in his knowledge and how he teaches it to us. The store is a great place to get all things needed for your picking.

Gratitude for being alive-- YEP

Brent.H May the LORD keep blessing you in this hard time and keep looking for the rays of light among the darkness. Press into HIM and HE will heal you and give you real life.

Keep picking!!

DLS

3 Likes

“This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
Psalms 118:24
The same goes for tomorrow.
Brent, I’m so happy you found a mountain top towering over a valley of troubles.
So if you gotta have troubles, I pray it’s only making an F chord, for that too shall pass!

3 Likes

That has to be the best nut ever sold in the history of nuts. :smile:

What an excellent post! I love how this forum has taken on a life of its own. We have such a great group of people here that I find myself wishing I could just move all of my social media friends over here and ditch Facebook. Any time I find myself too stressed by the nastiness of Facebook, I just come over here for a while and everything seems right in the world again.

Thanks for sharing your story, Brent. I’m grinning ear to ear right now.

7 Likes