Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Thank you to the BB Store!

Wow. I have a student who has struggled this last year on a VERY poor Walmart special type of Guitar…. Trust when I say a FIRST ACT guitar would have been an improvement on what she was playing. But…. She never once complained, not once. And she has made music on it! Well her parents and I have been talking and I have been looking around, and for the best bang for the buck the Yamaha F325D on the BB store site looked to be the deal to make. Ordered it, talked to Jake on the phone about it, and bam! Showed up on my doorstep a week later, complete with setup and a handful of BB picks. I played it today and ooooweeeee! This thing has a HUGE sound. She will love it. I give it to her at 2:30 pm EST today (Monday aug 29). Entry level price… but not an entry level guitar. She will have this one a long time. Thanks, guys… you will make this student of mine VERRA happy!

Here she is… finally got a picture of her with her new guitar!

19 Likes

Nice! :+1:

4 Likes

She and her mom just came by to pick it up. She is gob smacked. She is so deserving of this guitar. Her first assignment is to go home play it a lot and then give it a name and show up ready to play on Friday. Oh yeah the Banjo Ben store and me made a young lady very happy today.

8 Likes

Do you guitars have names? :slight_smile:
Mine do… but I didn’t know anybody else’s did!

4 Likes

@Mr_G that’s awesome! You must be such a blessing in the young lady’s life. Looks like a great guitar. I have played one of the Yamahas at camp and can attest to the bang for the buck!

@Flatpickin_Libby what did you name your guitars? “Jake” and “Bryan”?

7 Likes

Precisely.

4 Likes

However could I have guessed…

4 Likes

I feel like I must have told you before. But that’s actually correct!

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever heard that before :joy: I satirically guessed that thinking it would be something else, but then again what else would it be.

4 Likes

How is it correct? I thought for sure that your main guitar would be Jake, your other one would be Jake Jr, and your pick would be Jake III.

2 Likes

Mine do. My handmade tele electric is Francesca. My Taylor acoustic is El no Nombre (Spanish for “the no name”). Couldn’t think of a name for it, so I found the Spanish for “no name” and imagined a Hispanic Action hero I love saying “This ees my guitar …. his name is … El No Nombre…” in his low-pitched voice.

5 Likes

The D28 is named Bryan because he was my earliest teacher - I learned all the foundations from his course - and that was the guitar I had when I first started playing bluegrass. Bryan has been a big mentor to me and still is.

2 Likes

Bryan is one of my favorite players.

1 Like

So if you get another one, what are you going to name it? Zeb?

1 Like

Michael’s guitar is named Tony I’m sure :joy:

I actually have another one with no name. Maybe you all can help me. It’s my first guitar.

2 Likes

Name it Mason.

1 Like

If we’re supposed to name our instruments I’m BEHIND! I’ve got 4 guitars, 2 banjos (about to be 3), a mandolin, a bass, and a fiddle. None of them have a name… :joy:

1 Like

Don’t make me name all my harmonicas.

5 Likes

4 Likes