Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Texas Cabin Camp March 2022 - "More than Waneta Expected"

These folks are havin a ball.

For some it’s just way too much learning and they need to take a nap.

New video Hot off the Press? Err @BanjoBen 's Puter! - It’s also much more than Waneta Expected

12 Likes

Looks like Wild Bill guarding the smoker.

3 Likes

I know, I’m so jealous :joy:

2 Likes

Wish I was with ya’ll!

3 Likes

Man Wild Bill is so funny, I wish I was there just to hear him tell stories…

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Everyone seemed to have a really great time. Good pickin’ and good cookin’. You can’t beat that! :grin:

2 Likes

Well I can say first hand, that this was an absolutely amazing experience. As a dad/employee/pet owner/generally responsible human being, it’s a decent sacrifice to drop everything and fly off to Texas for a weekend – this was WORTH IT 10X!!!

I played my fingers off for three days and came back wanting to practice more. Perhaps the greatest statement I can make is that I’d go through a fair bit more hassle to do it all over again. The people were great, the teachers were great, the music was great, the coaching was great… it was all fabulous. Oh, and this California boy got to try some Texas cookin’ also… now that was great too!

5 Likes

The only thing wrong was the banjo player that AnotherEric got stuck with LOL! Eric, it was great to meet you! Hope to see you again at a future camp.

4 Likes

Kilgore Cabin Camp was amazing last week! Going back as a veteran puts it in a whole new perspective, one that actually gives you a sense of responsibility to help make sure first-time campers have a great experience. Nothing is more challenging than learning a new instrument, especially banjo. Katie Lou taught us some great stuff - things that this beginner can put to use now.

Kudos to all of the Cabin Camp staff for pulling off another excellent event. You folks are awesome!!!

OABob

5 Likes

Agree, agree!!! Great camp experience. I’ve come home with lots to think about, work on, modify. Everyone there was so eager to help. LOVED IT Regards to all, but especially to the Matadors, Eddie, Ryan, and Eric.

5 Likes

NEW Video added SEE ABOVE!

2 Likes

Just curious, were any of the band performances recorded?

1 Like

Yep! They were. If the campers want to share, they can. The editing will be done in a week or two.

1 Like

Cool…as my daughter would say when she was little and she wanted something “Sharing is nice.” :grinning:

1 Like