Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Texas Cabin Camp 2024

Just got back from camp… Anyone considering this should do it. I oscillated between being discouraged and being totally enthused. By that I only mean that I could easily see my deficiencies and there were always answers. It was a solid push in the right direction and I made some friends along the way. I will definitely do this again.

14 Likes

It’s really a whole experience, isn’t it? I’m glad you enjoyed it. Which group were you in?

7 Likes

Cabin Camps are good experiences. Like you say, you get pushed but in a good way. One camp is definitely not enough. I’ve been to a few and God willing I’ll be at the Athens Georgia Camp. I do the same thing though, oscillate back and forth. So much I should know, so much I could know. Oh well just relax and enjoy what you do know.

8 Likes

Great to meet you and get to know you a big, @kingoftoast! I know you haven’t been playing very long and haven’t had much experience, and it was a challenge to come to a camp. But as you learned, it’s worth the discomfort as it pushes you further in your journey.

I look forward to seeing you progress and I hope you frequent the forum, asking questions and weighing in. Eat a good taco for me :wink:

11 Likes

I’m glad to know that I wasn’t the only one spinning between discouraged and enthused. But I came home with a new determination to work through those two feelings and renew my efforts. I think I will start with the Munde fretboard geography series along with trying to practice what I learned at camp. And to work on figuring out when I can attend another one!

5 Likes

I play banjo.

1 Like

Thanks Ben! I got pre-approval from my wife if I want to attend the camp in October. I’ll be interested to check it out once details are posted.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to get autograph this time! :wink: And welcome to the forum, @kingoftoast!

@kingoftoast hope to see you in Kilgore in October!