Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Testimonials Needed!

Hey everyone! We are in the process of developing a new website! We would love to include some testimonials in the design of the site.

If you have some comments about your experience with banjobenclark.com and wouldn’t mind it being featured (along with your name), you can either reply here or email me directly (alicia@banjobenclark.com).

Thanks so much for your help!!

17 Likes

Hey i’m in!! I’ll write one up sometime today

6 Likes

I’d write one up whenever you’re ready!

5 Likes

Hi Alicia, I think I could scrape together a few positive comments about my experience. I did send @BanjoBen one back when this current website was about to launch but I think it was too long and possibility boring gif Either that or I smothered him with too much praise. gif

I seem to have lost the original, ask Ben to check the back pocket of his jeans. I feel sure he keeps a copy close at hand.

All joking aside. Roughly how many words. How soon do you need it?

6 Likes

@aliciabowman

Banjo Ben’s site is THE BEST! He is passionate about teaching music, funny, encouraging, and has built an incredible place of community. He makes you feel like anyone can do it - because they can! I love watching his high quality videos and learning his great tab of such nice song arrangements. He makes things very easy to understand. I have been a member of other competitive music teaching sites and not had so great an experience. I always look forward to his feedback on my guitar picking, I just don’t think it’s fair he only goes by “Banjo” Ben when he’s so phenomenal at teaching guitar too! I’m proud to be a member!

15 Likes

I’m in.

7 Likes

Got it.

4 Likes

Geetar, Mando Ben just doesn’t have the same ring to it as @BanjoBen Libby

5 Likes

@Archie ha! I was getting ready to post similar. Plus, now you’d have to add “spoons” to the moniker.

5 Likes

Here’s mine:

I started Banjo Ben’s lessons as a total beginner, and they were absolutely GROUNDBREAKING in throwing me through the journey from newbie to legit player on three instruments. There are some instructors who just spoon-feed you a lesson and tab for a solo… Ben does much more. He teaches you a solo, AND shows you how to use the concepts in your own creative playing- taking you all the way from learning his arrangements, to learning how to come up with your own tasteful arrangements.

But the best part is that the teaching does not cease after the lesson’s done- hop on over to the forum! Ben’s hospitality is infectious, and we’ve got an amazing group of musicians from beginner to advanced who would love to have you aboard. Want to know if you’re building the best habits? Ben and others will analyze your playing and tell you what you do right, what you do wrong, and show you how to improve. Need to figure out a song that Ben doesn’t teach? He’ll break it down in a personal response, showing what he would play in your situation.

Ben Clark is a talented, humble, and absolutely hilarious person who’s thoroughly committed to give you the best learning experience possible. His content is unique and well-produced, and I am so thankful for the blessing that is banjobenclark.com.

-Michael Mark

18 Likes

Wow- that’s a GREAT review. I need to sign up ASAP! :wink:

Seriously, well done.

8 Likes

Glad to hear I could convince you! :grin: :grin: :joy: Hope it’s not too salesman-ish. I love to write, and I can get a bit carried away…

7 Likes

Glad I joined GeetarClark, a division of BanjoBen… He really made me progress and attempt more, which I wouldn’t otherwise! Great teacher, good human! More thoughts maybe later. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Testify:

I have been a member of Banjo Ben’s site and one of his guitar and mandolin students for years. Many years ago (pre-Ben), I tried to “teach myself” banjo on a borrowed instrument. The learning curve was very steep and I never even got comfortable with the finger picks. It seemed like more work than I expected and I lost interest after about a month. Just a few months ago, I got the spark to learn banjo again. I bought a banjo and started into Ben’s beginner banjo learning track. The difference was night and day from my first attempt (on my own) and this one (with Ben’s teaching). Ben’s course takes me through lots of things I wouldn’t have even thought of. I needed to do a little setup: it was covered. I wasn’t sure how these fingerpicks were supposed to be fitted and worn: it was covered. There is a good mixture of learning fun songs and covering necessary drills. Often the two concepts are blended and I am not sure if I am working on something, or learning something for fun. As one would expect, I have progressed much quicker with Ben’s instruction, but the real big deal is this: I am more motivated to learn now than even when I first got the instrument. I am really enjoying playing, even at this early stage. I highly recommend Ben’s site for every level of guitar, mandolin and banjo enthusiast.

7 Likes

It can’t be. Because they say the proof is in the pudding. And you say you started off as a total beginner (that’s news to me!!), and where you are now is a living testament. You could now but no beginner or intermediate would ask for more! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I can provide one as well.

6 Likes

Wow!!! Thanks so much everyone! This is amazing!

6 Likes

@Archie, about 15-25 words is probably a good length. We’ll be collecting them for a week or two. Thank you!

5 Likes

oops

5 Likes

That’s gonna be a tough call @aliciabowman

4 Likes