Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Teen Picker's Online Collaboration

I haven’t come up with an order of breaks yet, but you probably have a better idea where stuff should go, so if you could do that, that would be great.

3 Likes

Thanks! I can play that one if you want

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:Too bad we aren’t doing video, I’m laughing just thinking about the possibilities.

3 Likes

Just keep in mind there’s eight and a half entire break lengths on the track (each entire break is two time through) so some might have to split breaks

3 Likes

Here’s the Flatt & Scruggs version:

3 Likes

I don’t know very good backup on dobro unfortunately :smirk:. I’ll see if I can come up with something but there might not be dobro backup.

2 Likes

Maybe just sliding into each chord?

2 Likes

Yeah I could do something like that.

2 Likes

Chop chords on the Dobro should be fine :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t wanna clash with the mandolin. The biggest problem is I can’t chop very well.

3 Likes

I am adding @SPilot8319 to this thread.

We are going to remotely (via the internet) create a couple mixes (Salt Creek and Foggy Mountain Breakdown) for everyone on BBC to enjoy. Let me know what breaks you want on each song.

2 Likes

Sweet! I’ve never played either of those songs before

2 Likes

Here’s Foggy mountain breakdown lesson

It’s slightly out of tune at the start but I did fix it quickly

6 Likes

Hey thanks so much, Gunnar! I really appreciate it! I should be able to learn this pretty easily. Great tutorial!
I’m not sure if I will get to your arrangement of FMB on the guitar or not. I don’t have a ton of time. @Kevin_S sent me his tab which I adapted a bit. That seems a little easier and I will probably be able to learn it faster, but you never know. If I get some time, I will watch your video and see if I can figure it out! This video sure was easy to follow! Great job!

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, I’m glad I could help!

3 Likes

Hey Gunnar! I just watched/am learning FMB. Again, you did a great job! Could you just spell out that last cross-picking lick a little more for me? It looked like you were trying to remember how it went and it got kind of broken up and I couldn’t follow it. Thanks again so much!

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll do a quick video now

3 Likes

Here it is

3 Likes

Perfect! Thanks so much Gunnar!

2 Likes

I think I am finally starting to get them! Still really slow, and I am trying to remember what parts go in each solo!:wink: Thanks again so much!

3 Likes