Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Sweet Dixie

Hey Banjo Ben. Was listening to an awesome version of Sweet Dixie on A Bibey and Benson duet album and wondered if you could put together a cool lesson on that tune that might be more doable than Alan Bibeys amazing triplets. Something in the intermediate to advanced category albeit not impossible for us plain old pickers to attain. As always love your lessons.

5 Likes

Hi Judy,

It is still under copy-write protection…so no lesson at this time.

Sweet Dixie was written by Bill Emerson and was first recorded in 1964 (Jimmy Martin).

1 Like

Hi @goldtop12 Judy welcome Back to @BanjoBen 's Forum a lot of changes since you were last here and a lot of changes to come.

As Dave said this tune is still in copyright so it may be while till Ben gets to it. In the meantime check out this link to a TAB on the BHO - I haven’t tried this one so you might care to give us some feedback. Also I do believe Bill Emerson has a TAB book out there somewhere. Not sure if it still in print.

https://www.banjohangout.org/tab/browse.asp?m=detail&v=21456

1 Like

Hey thanks but thats Banjo…I play mandolin

1 Like

You posted the query in the HELP forum - intended for issues relating to problems with the site or non-lesson topics. Also you did not specify mandolin - Sweet Dixie was written by Bill Emerson so as banjo players we assumed you were looking for a banjo lesson.

Each instrument has a dedicated forum.

@BanjoBen reads all messages when he has some free time so he will get back to you sometime.

1 Like

Alan Bibey is a mandolin player (so I think Judy did specify), but I went ahead and moved this thread to the mandolin category just to prevent any more confusion. :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @Michael_Mark I don’t know Alan Bibey also I was just about to move the post and noted you beat me to it 2ThumbsUp

1 Like