Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Suwannee Springfest

Great win for UK. That was a fun game. I’m pretty sure the ghost of Bill Monroe caused my Gators to lose as punishment for leaving the bluegrass festival.

— Begin quote from ____

I’ve only been to one so far this year and that was the Spring Festival in Mountain View here in Arkansas. Saw Russell Moore and III Tyme Out along with The Special Consensus.

— End quote

Russell Moore and III Tyme Out is headlining a festival down here next week. I’m actually trying to decide between three festivals for next weekend. The Allman Bros. are hosting their annual festival at the park where my usual weekly jam is, but I’ve pretty much ruled out that one. It would have been more my speed about twenty years ago.

The second festival features Ray Wylie Hubbard. I really like him and don’t get too many opportunities to see him perform since he does most of his shows in Texas, so it’s tempting.

The third festival has III Tyme out and Claire Lynch. It’s the only bluegrass festival and will probably offer the best jamming opportunities, so I imagine that’s where I’ll wind up.

It’s good to have choices!

Went to a Bluegrass Festival last year in Wyoming (partnered with the State BBQ Championships!) and Claire Lynch was there, along with Jeff Scroggins and Colorado, and The Tuttles. It’s the only one I’ve ever been to, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hoping to get to go to another one soon.

So needless to say, I’m :mrgreen: with envy, Larry, but really happy that you’re smack dab in the middle of all of those choices.

— Begin quote from "jwpropane"

All these years I thought he was saying skeet! I just pushed it off as another song that had lines that didn’t make any sense. (There’s plenty of those).

— End quote

Ski is a soft drink that is similar to Mountain Dew, but it actually has citrus fruit in it (it looks funky if you aren’t expecting it). It’s good stuff. I suspect it was bottled somewhere around Bowling Green, as it seemed to increase in popularity in that direction.

III Tyme Out and Claire Lynch get my vote, but it’s not my money :smiley:

You’ve never steered me wrong before, Mike, so I think I’ll take your advice.

It does bum me out not see Ray Wylie, but that festival is kind of far for me (over 2 hours away) and I’m only familiar with a couple of other bands in the lineup.

It’s hard to go wrong with a bluegrass festival. It’s inexpensive and there will be lots of jamming opportunities.

Man you have to choose between “Jessica / Soul Shine”, Redneck Mothers and various others…Tough decision…haha, is good to be filled with options from time to time…that’s what I enjoy about Nashville, seems nightly you can choose between what you feel like hearing and on Sundays the Station Inn even has a “jam session” to attend.

…he was born in Oklahoma, his wife’s name was Betty Lou Thelma Liz.

I think I’m pretty lucky to get to see the shows I see, given that I live in the middle of nowhere. Most of the festivals are crowded into the spring and fall months though. Summer and winter are pretty dead.

I can’t even imagine how many shows you have to choose from, oldhat. Seems like you take advantage of the situation, too.