Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Summer 2021 Cabin Camp in Montana Mountains

The fam and I got away for a few days to the Bitterroot and Sapphire mountains north of Missoula. We went on some amazing hikes around Flathead Lake and Whitefish, whew!!! Anyway, there’s nothing stopping us from scheduling a summer 2021 camp around Flathead Lake. I’m going to start looking for lodges/venues to host the camp and I’m gonna do my best to make it happen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flathead_Lake

19 Likes

@BanjoBen Cabin Camp in Montana?! I sense a vacation/camp all-in-one in my future!

5 Likes

I’ve got a friend in Missoula who may be able to give you some local insight. Let me know if you’d like me to out you in touch

6 Likes

“Flathead Lake is a natural lake along the mainline of the Flathead River. It was dammed in 1930 by Kerr Dam at its outlet on Polson Bay”

Excuse me? You want us all go go to someplace near “Poison Bay?” :laughing:

6 Likes

Sounds like an amazing time…Never been to Montana, but always wanted to go. Montana and a Cabin Camp!
I’m ready to go…

4 Likes

I think I’d come. It’s on our bucket list to take the train to Glacier NP. We could kill two birds with one stone!

5 Likes

Yep, that’s what I’m thinking. It would definitely be a destination camp with lots of perks!

7 Likes

I’ve traveled that road from Missoula up by Flathead Lake up to Kalispell many times. Gorgeous country. That would be awesome. Glacier National Park isn’t far off either.

6 Likes

Sounds Excellent. Count me in.
We explored the Bear tooth pass area out of Billings Montana into North Yellowstone on our way home from the 07/09/11 banjo cabin camp. It was an amazing drive. The pass is almost 11,000 ft.
We are recounting our wonderful time at camp and can not thank you enough.

4 Likes

Sounds great on paper but I’d get up every morning and go fishing for “a couple of hours “ and you’d never see me the rest of the day.

8 Likes

You and me both! Hahaha

4 Likes

Exactly!!

4 Likes

Wow, that sounds awesome! I would love to go there, but I’ll definitely have to work that into a family vacation. Do you think you’ll be doing more camps at your house next year too?

3 Likes

My plan is to do spring and fall camps at my house, then a destination camp each summer. I’m thinking the first will be somewhere in the Rockies :wink:

14 Likes

i would go!

3 Likes

I’d go!!

3 Likes

Howdy Ben well well your coming to my home state great there is a place in Big fork its called the Flathead lake Lodge you wont find a nicer place on earth they hold the Crown of the Continent Guitar Festival there every year at the end of Aug its been three years since i was there dont know the cost but you should check this place out. let me know what you think

4 Likes

Wow, that place is incredible! That may be above my pay grade, but I sent them an email to check it out! Thanks!

3 Likes

Sounds great, I’d definitely be interested!

1 Like

My dad and my brother told me to count them in, that’d be 3 for our crowd!

2 Likes