Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Strap for banjo

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice. After much debate I just ordered the Huber strap! :grinning:

4 Likes

So the strap came today. I am definitely glad that I got the Huber strap. It fits good and is a very good quality strap. Again thanks to all of y’all for your helpful advice.

5 Likes

Glad it worked out for you!

3 Likes

I have a Huber and a Lakota cradle. Both have a lot of adjustability. I’m a 6’ tall fat guy; so, shortening isn’t something I’ve worried about; so, I’m no help on that front). I’m at Cabin Camp TX now (which, after day 1 of 3, I can already STRONGLY recommend - it’s top notch in every regard; staff, instructors, food, facility, etc.). I have the same experience as mentioned above - the Lakota does shed; but it’s really not an issue to me, the sheds brush right off. It’s a very nice and comfortable strap. I bought a Huber from BanjoBen a few months ago, really because I liked the aesthetic better, and I have been surprised at how comfortable it is. I thought the narrowness might irritate my shoulder (where I carry a lot of stress knots too), but it’s just as comfortable for me. I have previously and at this camp met folks who speak highly of the Neotech too. I noticed today that Alan Munde also plays either a Huber or Harrison (indiscernible to me without asking, which I didn’t bother to do). If it’s good enough for Ben and Alan, I figure I’m at least in good company. Both fit fine in any case from a foam/nylon gig case, plywood and tolex (or whatever) standard case, to a Calton flight case. I know the original poster has his/hers now, but thought the info might help future shoppers.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply @zrenfro! I ended up buying the Huber strap. I love it and would highly recommend them. Glad you are enjoying cabin camp. Enjoy it for me!:wink:

2 Likes