Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

St. Petersburg, FL Spring 2021 1-Day Cabin Camp Now Open!

Hey y’all, registration just opened up! Hope to see you there! Let me know if you have more questions.

11 Likes

I’m just a little over and hour or so away, but it doesn’t look like I’ll get to make this one. If you’ve never attended one of Ben’s camps before, I highly recommend it. I attended the 2nd July Cabin Camp at Ben’s home, and what a great experience.

6 Likes

Just signed up for the 1-day camp in St Pete in March of '21. Looking forward to making new friends and playing some music. Are we there yet?

6 Likes

Just signed up! This will be my first camp of this type ever.

Advanced beginner guitar player and rank amateur with the mandolin I bought Yesterday!

Really looking forward to it!!

5 Likes

Woohoo, we’re gonna have a blast!

3 Likes

I told my daughter about the camp and about getting a mandolin.

Now she wants to dust off her Baby Taylor and learn some Christmas songs together. WIN!

She’s off at school, so we may have to jam via Zoom…………:slight_smile:

Can’t wait to get the material for the camp!

4 Likes

Any advice from some one who has done a one day camp?

2 Likes

No one has done one, including me! Ha! Let me know if you have specific questions. I can tell you that my plans so far will make it quite a busy day, but tons to take away and well worth the investment.

6 Likes

I’m super excited about it!

Any idea when the song selections will come out? I’ve got to start practicing!

Frank you could pick out a few tunes from previous tune lists the odds of picking a tune from the new list is pretty high. Even if you don’t pick a tune that’s on the new list you’ll still be practicing licks that will appear in the new tune list. Anything that has slides, hammer-ons and pull-offs will be beneficial, these are the fundamentals to everything we play.

2 Likes

Just got the list for the camp tunes.

It’s ON now…:):musical_score:

Yee ha!

2 Likes

OK, I’m in. That MT camp looked great being in June and being where it is but travel time and cost of travel were not ideal for me. St. Pete from middle Georgia is a totally different situation. Nervous about a March date and being ready. Appreciate some of the advice I’ve seen for beginners to focus on chord progressions.

2 Likes