Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

St. Pete, FL Cabin Camp Song List - Spring 2022

Great. I’m excited!
I’m coming down from Maryland. Will be staying w friends in Fort Myers and driving up to St Pete for the day.

3 Likes

Welcome @satbus90. Today’s weather in St Pete is 57 and drizzling rain but probably 70 and sunny by camp. Great drive from Ft Myers to St Pete and crossing the Sunshine Skyway north into St Pete is about as dramatic as any entry into a city in the US as you’ll ever get. I attended last year and scheduled again this year and if similar, it’s a good mix of class and jam group time with plenty of opportunity to work individually with other campers or the pros. I think Katy is the mandolin instructor.

2 Likes

Katy on banjo, Penny on mando, and me on guitar!

4 Likes

There have been some great celebrity couples in the past; Taylor Squared, Brangelina, Benifer, TomKat……… but not sure there has been a celebrity trio like KatyPenBen!

1 Like

Low 80’s and sunny this Sat for St Pete Cabin Camp.

2 Likes

St Pete 1-day Cabin Camp in the books; it was a fun and enjoyable day. First observation is that if I had a dollar for everyone who told Ben that he was a lot bigger than they expected, he’d still be 6’4”. Seriously, great camp. I went last year and he has really refined the 1-day concept. You are not going to learn all the latest hot licks and cool songs in one day but I did get to meet and play with like minded individuals, learn the logic and reasoning to complement the online video series, get some personalized instruction from professionals, and then use it in the jam band sessions. Oh, and did I say that it was simply a fun and enjoyable day. A multiple day camp is now on my bucket list.

4 Likes

No doubt about it, I had a great time! It was awesome to finally get to meet Ben, Katy, Penny, and everyone there on his team. It was fun getting to meet, learn, and spend time with fellow pickers. I got to play a very old Gibson and a Huber for the first time, both awesome! A huge thanks to our hosts for making the Florida camp possible! More of Banjo Ben’s Cabin Camps are definitely on my list!

6 Likes

A few videos from the day. I have more to upload later also any members from band 1&2 who would like a video of their performance I have thoes. Well @Archie I didn’t cut my head off. :grin:

8 Likes

@Lone_Wolf Fully Exposed Emilie - Nice to see your face at long last. :hearts: the witty intro

1 Like

Ben coached me :laughing:

2 Likes

You learned it well applaud

1 Like

Be thou my vision is my favorite purple hulls song. Thanks for the vids.

2 Likes

@Lone_Wolf Emilie
And the 42nd St Ramblers,
LOVED it, yall done a great job :slightly_smiling_face: :+1::notes: !!

2 Likes

It’s one of mine too

1 Like

@Lone_Wolf Emilie is there more video’s of your band to come?

2 Likes

This was one of my favorite camp days ever! The campers were amazing the venue is just perfect at Doc’s house. I can’t wait to do it again!!

3 Likes

Unfortunately not @Archie

1 Like

Pity I was looking forward to seeing some headless picking from you. banjo I guess I’m gonna have to wait a bit longer. twiddle_thumbs

1 Like

I really enjoyed this day! Somehow it was even more fun than it was last year! Bucket list idea to get to a 3 day camp!

3 Likes

More Purple Hulls!!

3 Likes