Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Sports fix... NFL Draft

I know there isn’t much to talk about… but one of the only “Live” (meaning happening now but totally virtual) events to happening… the NFL Draft! Rounds #2 and #3 tonight.

For us Lions fans, it is one of the most important days of our year because the draft holds the promise of what can be with new players from college.

The Lions got a solid player - a very good Cornerback named Jeff Okudah with the #3 pick!

Anyone care to talk some sports about how their team’s draft went?

1 Like

Sorry friend waitin on the golf! Kinda stopped payin attention to the other’s till the end, Super Bowl,World Series ect… But I appreciate other’s enthusiasm for all the sports . Especially in lockdown mode a good ballgame would be fantastic right now.Im about Netflixed out! ( oh by the way when I do pay attention, GO SF Giants/49ers!)

2 Likes

I totally get it @jon1.

I guess I am just starved for sports of all kinds. :+1:

I even miss baseball and my Tigers are in a rebuild.

NASCAR also… let alone the NCAA tournament, Stanley Cup and NBA.

1 Like

Copy that! I was all set for a Golf vacation with a buddy and they locked it all down the week of my flight! I was very disappointed as I love the game and don’t get much time off to travel but on the flip side of that coin I got plenty time to practice and it’s payin off. I’m just a beginner but love to make noise… I mean music!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I make noise… no doubt @jon1.

:banjo: :mega: :notes::musical_note::notes::musical_note:

1 Like

There have been a few Curling replays on lately. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank’s for the reminder, NO OLYMPICS!!!:rage: There’s always Dart’s on late night re-runs :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with catching up on some Skip action, @Grinnin.:curling_stone:

You probably are kiddin’ but I seriously recorded a match not too long ago! Rugby :rugby_football: too! :wink:

2 Likes

Football or soccer as we call it, I like rugby better, those guy’s are brutal! There’s a lot of good stuff on the OLYMPIC channel.:swimming_man::mountain_biking_woman::weight_lifting_man::woman_cartwheeling:

2 Likes

Yup… Soccer. :soccer: I follow Brazilian most… but I do like EPL and MLS. Rugby is cool. I don’t really get Australian Rules so much.

You wanna see a wild game, check out Hurling. :wink:. I didn’t make a typo… Hurling. Perhaps @Archie knows that game… although I think it is an Irish game.

1 Like

Being a life long Bengals Fan I’m pretty excited about the QB Joe Burrow from LSU pick, :football:

1 Like

I bet you are @Butch!

Happy for you. As another struggling franchise, I know you have much more to be excited about because that was definitely “Wow” pick.

I know we needed a Corner… but it isn’t quite the same level of impact because he is most effective in preventing plays on his side of the field - rather than making offensive plays. Still, I am optimistic that he will become that Shutdown corner that we hope/expect.

2 Likes

Nope, i actually enjoy the technically challenging things. There’s more to it than slinging a rock down range.