Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

SOLD! Vintage early 70's Gibson Mastertone RB250 for sale!

I will say, “God Bless our families for putting up with us!” :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Amen.

1 Like

That is a nice banjo. Nice price too.

1 Like

Steve V.
My wife rolled her eyes at me once! I just picked them up and rolled them back to her. Old Homer & Jethro parade.

1 Like

A huge congrats to @Steve_V on the purchase of a wonderful banjo!

3 Likes

I was going to buy this but the old timer down at the flea market said he couldn’t give me that much for the wife. :stuck_out_tongue: (j/k)

2 Likes

I just hope this bad boy, RB250, does not catch on fire when I’m Boiling Cabbage at 30 BPM. :fire: All kidding aside, Ben and Jake at the store were great to deal with and spent a lot of time with me going over the banjo “tuning”, the history of RB250’s, and the history of this particular banjo. I am really excited about getting it.

6 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Hey Steve congratulations for sure on the RB250. I think you made a wise decision. I know it’s scary buying “sight unseen” but I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger on something that Ben and Jake both have put their stamp of approval on.

3 Likes

Update, @Steve_V?

2 Likes

Update on this RB250 that I got from @BanjoBen and @Jake back towards the end of January.

Biggest difference between this and my beginner one is the volume and tone is louder and better. Tone-wise…the other one just went out of tune all the time.

Beginner one also had some fret buzz on the 1st string up until fretting the 3rd fret. I’m sure I could adjust it to go away, but I am never going to mess with it. Point here is it is nice to have some one like Jake that knows what they are doing to adjust everything before it ships.

It is more fun to play. Not a real measurable, but it just is.

Last, it looks great for a Banjo that is about 45 years old. I plan on taking good care of it and am guessing I will not need or want another one any time soon. So glad I decided to get it. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

That’s what I love to hear, thank you!

2 Likes