Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

So I was board the other day (Song Written by Me)

So I was board while writing a fiction story for school the other day, and decided to write a song instead. Here it is:
Edit: the chord formatting is all messed up. :thinking: Ok, here’s the link to the Google doc:

G F G
This station bench is hard and cold
Dm F G
And it don’t feel like the one at home
G F G
The old tracks look so damp and wet
Dm C G
And the late night train hasn’t got here yet
G F G
I can see the signal through the fog
Dm F G
It turns to green so it can’t be long
G F G
For the train to come and take me away
Dm C G
Back to my home for many a day

Chorus

F                     C             G     

I can see a light off in the darkness
F C G
That train comes in so dark and heartless
F C G
As it goes down that railroad track
Dm C G
My thoughts are forward and I don’t look back

G F G
As I think about all that’s behind me
Dm F G
Big guitars and fame and glory
G F G
But as i stare into the black
Dm C G
I keep lookin’ on down that railroad track
G F G
As I disembark in new york penn
Dm F G
And I wave goodbye to the railroad men
G F G
As i walk over to platform three
Dm C G
I can hear that the train calling to me

F                     C             G     

I can see a light off in the darkness
F C G
That train comes in so dark and heartless
F C G
As it goes down that railroad track
Dm C G
Dm C Dm

8 Likes

Wow Harrison, that’s pretty neat. Wish I could write that. Well, I just wish I could write.

4 Likes

I think you write rather well Mags! The posts you’ve written of your adventures have inspired many folks here (at least me anyways) and are quite interesting as well as just plain fun to read!

Nice job Train Dude! Wish I had time to be bored!

Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Nice Harrison! Now you need to sing it for us so we know the tune :grin::joy:

2 Likes

I dunno, my voice sounds weird when recorded. Maybe if @BanjoBen would teach a banjo solo for it? :wink::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Everyone’s does. Just don’t listen to it :wink:

3 Likes

Dang, I thought you might say something like that. :wink: Maybe tomorrow or later today.

3 Likes

Awwww, you’re sweet Jeff. I meant songs though. I wish I could write songs; never have been that creative. I wrote a limerick once, in fourth grade. But, no songs :frowning:

3 Likes

I recently heard my voice on a vid I posted. Oh my, I was horrified. I asked my family “do I really sound like that? How can you stand it?” Everyone hates their own voice Harrison @D_HRRFan7303 Don’t worry about it.

2 Likes

By the way, Harrison @D_HRRFan7303, Train Dude sounds like a cool nickname for you. I really like it. What do ya think?

4 Likes

Sure for this forum, but other forums I’m on everyone is a “train dude”. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I used to absolutely hate my voice recorded, but it’s not been as bad in the last few years (since my voice deepened) I can tolerate hearing myself now

3 Likes

Alright @MissMaggie and @Dragonslayer, Here it is. Sorry it’s not a video, that would make me more nervous. The train photos are to distract you from my singing. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s weird, I will sing for over a hundred people in a microphone at church, but singing for a camera is worse? And this is copyrighted, so don’t sell it. :wink: Anyone have a good name for it? Also, Gunnar, you got me to sing, so you have to soon…

3 Likes

That was great! Your voice reminds me of Presley Barker’s.

Oh yes, cameras are the worst!

Aw man, all my black market friends were gonna really enjoy that… :joy::joy:

I’d suggest you grab a recognizable line from the chorus (possibly a light off in thedarkness?)

As soon as I get 62 subscribers. Share my YouTube channel and it’ll be sooner :wink::wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, Light off in the Darkness it is. I’ll have to work out a banjo part for that and have my band (two teens that live down the road) come and record it proper. Who knows, maybe i’ll end up adding a fiddle part!

Perfect, your already there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (just messing with the quote feature)

2 Likes

Wait really? I didn’t know I had 40, last I checked it was 36. I’ve messed with that a couple times too, it’s funny :joy::joy:

1 Like

I am thinking banjo starting in the intro (playing through a verse) and halfway through the intro fiddle comes in. The solo after the first chorus would be banjo or mandolin.

1 Like

Kinda reminds me of a Steve Earle song!

1 Like

TRAIN DUDE! Oh man, you are so stinkin’ brave and that was awesome.

That is weird isn’t it? I can be playing great in my big leather chair at home by myself and when I try to imagine people watching or being recorded, my fingers go all spastic.

Wow, well good on ya buddy, I really enjoyed that. It’s pretty catchy too.

So, just to confirm, I’m NOT supposed to sell it right? :slight_smile:

As for names, just thinking out loud here:
Train Dude
Late Night Train
Back To My Home
Train, Take Me Away
Train, Take Me Home
That Train Calling Me
Down That Railroad Track
Train Home
Night Train Home
Home Train

3 Likes

They are all so good! Anyone think one stands out more than the others?

1 Like